New features & fixes – February 23, 2006
Got some new features & fixes for you tonight.
- CAPTCHA on comments. We had a couple of bouts of comment spam (despite the fact that we’ve used rel=”nofollow” for years), so we finally bit the bullet and implemented CAPTCHA. Hopefully it does the trick and doesn’t get in too many people’s way. Apologies for all the comment spam earlier this week.
- Plugged an obscure hole someone could use to get an Original, even if Originals were turned off in your gallery. As far as we can tell, no-one ever used it, and we fixed it within hours of being notified.
- Camera model names weren’t wrapping properly in ‘smugmug small’ style.
- There’s now a 1 second delay for ‘image preview’ on next/previous links, where available, instead of being instantaneous. Exception is Safari which is broken in this regard.
- Eliminated the dreaded ‘photo flicker’ on IE6 if you have it set to a cache setting of ‘Every visit to the page’ and your gallery has image protection enabled.
- mouseover popups on keywords now work better and looks nicer
- There was a problem where you would get the wrong form if you entered your Order password incorrectly.
- Password pages (site, gallery, order, login) now use the “new” CSS layout and blend better with the rest of the site.
- Gallery password pages now retain the customization & theme look-and-feel if you enter a bad password.