New features – February 23rd, 2007
Have some great new features and plenty of bug fixes today. Some of it will be pretty intangible, but we’ve sped up major portions of the site significantly.
- SmugMug is now an OpenID 1.1 Provider. This means you can use your SmugMug URL as your ID on lots of sites all over the net. Great minds think alike – AOL and Microsoft both recently announced support, too, so you can be sure it’ll be widespread. We will soon consume OpenID as well for photo comments and anywhere else it makes sense. I’ll post on my blog with more information about this later today.
- Happy Birthday Theme. I hate to play favorites, but this is probably the best Theme so far. There are more coming…
- Khaki Theme.
- New YUI version (2.2.0) live on the site. Go wild, you customizers.
- Speed improvements across the board when viewing galleries.
- Lightbox keyboard navigation is back after a week or so hiatus. It’s now properly disabled when you need to enter text elsewhere on the page.
- Fixed a problem with AOL users receiving Share emails from SmugMug.
- Fixed spelling of Luxembourg in one spot on the site.
- Fixed an error with email address validation.
- Added USA Today link to the news page.
- Fixed a problem with ‘Processing Photos’ placeholders
- InterCapped the SmugMug logo on our themes that didn’t have it.
- New help page on privacy.
- New help video on custom Pro pricing.
- Updated the Customization FAQ.
- New video guide home.
- Updated signup page wording.