New shipping calculator – September 21st, 2007
After lots of feedback from our customers, we decided to design our own shipping calculator for print orders. This brings an end to the cart slowdown some were seeing as they waited for our printing partner to serve up shipping methods and prices. Nobody seems to miss it!
At the same time, we made some pricing changes. Shipping rates are now simple and predictable and a lot easier on the wallet for our customers who order 100s of prints in one go. If you order prints larger than 5×7, they’ll now go via Express or faster shipping, so you can track your order and it’s less likely to get lost in the mail (doh!). Details here.
Also in this release:
- Made a change to our new control panel so it remembers the tab you visited last. This is yet another improvement that came directly from fantastic customer feedback. It was an easy enough change for us to make and it saves our customers an extra click. Win-win.
- Added NickName and DisplayName parameters to API login methods.
- Added image replace functionality to the API.
- Updated our control panel help page to give lots more info about all the goodies in each tab.
- Shined up some other help pages and updated help videos as well.
- Two new deals were added to ClubSmug! SmugMuggers now get deals at DXO and fotoflot.
- Based on customer feedback, we now limit the “guests” who login to a pro account via a guest password so that they cannot view or change anything on the “Pros”, “Customize”, or “Settings” tabs in the control panel. Guests cannot see the referrals section under the “Stats” tab either.
- Added XFN and FOAF support. What in the world are those?
- SmugMug’s homepage is now wider. This will allow us to showcase more goodies, contests, etc. so check there often!