Bug fixes and a better cart – July 9th, 2008
Things you might notice:
- Powerful new “buy multiples” interface so you (and your customers) can pack the new shopping cart to the brim. Print the whole gallery as 4×6 glossies, and add 10 photos as 5×7 lustre prints, 2 as mousepads, and a handful of 8x10s. All without leaving the page.
- Our homepage has a flash slideshow so you’ll get some variety when you visit.
- The “Arrange Photos” tool had an annoying formatting bug causing the toolbox to display at the top of the page. It’s now back on the left where it belongs.
- The “Save Photo” icon you get on your photobar when you’re logged in will now say “Owner Save” instead. As it turns out, everyone wanted that icon when they were logged in, but when we added it we caused some panic. Logout (or use Visitor View) and you’ll see a “Save Photo” icon, or no icon at all if you have your originals disabled.
Things you might not notice:
- Lots of changes to help pages, ClubSmug, and Give the Gift of SmugMug.
- Product changes on our 4×6 postcards and canvas prints.
- In the shopping cart, the catalog link in the footer now goes to our catalog page without prices.
- We added item numbers to the order confirmation screen, for easier reference.
- We fixed a bug that prevented the tracking number from being displayed.
- We now auto-generate passwords for logged-out orders, so your customers (or grandma) won’t have to hassle with creating and remembering an order password.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the order confirmation page for large orders to take an obscenely long time to load on FF2 on Macs.
- The “Items” total in the cart now reflects the total quantity, not just the number of different products. In other words, if you order 20 5×7 prints of the same photo, your item count is now 20.
- By popular demand, clicking on the thumbnail in the shopping cart now takes you to the Adjust Crop tool, instead of back to the gallery. You’ll see a “view in gallery” link added at the left.
- Fixed bug that was causing problems with shipping to a few countries. (Frustrating bug, but fun to see we had customers from Dubai!)
- Tweaked the in-cart Adjust Crop tool to be faster loading and more responsive.