SmugShot and more – August 4th, 2008
At the time of this blog post, thousands of people are already using SmugShot on their iPhonesTM… so “lagged” would be putting the situation mildly.
SmugShot is an application for the iPhone available for free via Apple’s App Store in iTunes.
Essentially it allows you to upload photos straight to your SmugMug account from your iPhone, complete with geodata, keywords, and captions. Read more on Don’s blog, our marketing page, and our help page.
Lower print prices
SmugMug’s price for glossy and matte 8x10s dropped from $2.99 to $1.99 and lustre dropped from $3.49 to $2.49. 5×7 prints are now $0.79 and $0.99 (from $0.99 and $1.25). 8×12 prints are now $3.49 and $3.99 (from $3.99 and $4.75).
The new prices are reflected in our catalog. If you’re a pro with custom pricing in place, enjoy the new, higher margin for these sizes!
Bug Fixes and Bonuses
- Pop Photo and American Photo have joined ClubSmug with a deal on magazine subscriptions for SmugMuggers.
- SmugMug’s sponsoring two sweet photography contests and we noted them on our news page.
- Fixed a bug where our IE6 friends would add a photo to their shopping cart, close their browser, come back later to crop the photo, and get booted.
- New version of MacDaddy uploader that supports SmugVault, adds auto-creation of albums from iPhoto (enable in preferences), and fixes a bug involving photos exported from Lightroom.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing Camino users from viewing in SmugMug ajax style.
- New install script for our Simple Uploader for Internet Explorer. We had some problems previously with people who had used a similar uploader for a different site being locked out of using ours. This should fix it but may require a rebooting of your computer. Sorry for the hassle! (You’ll be prompted to reboot if necessary)
- Fixed a bug with cropping square images in the shopping cart.
- Fixed a bug with loading video in FF3. Videos partially outside the viewable area should load fine, now.