Bug fixes and performance tweaks – August 21 and 28, 2008
We had two small releases recently that cleared up several angst-causing bugs.
- We made some fixes to keystroke navigation. In SmugMug viewing style, you can now browse using the arrows, and open light box using S, M, L, 1, 2, 3, O, A and X to close without any hiccups.
- Browsing using <Prev and Next> in a gallery now updates the URL to include the image key of the image you just navigated to. This is helpful if you need to grab the correct link for the current image.
- The Move to Other Gallery photo tool is now lightning fast.
- We found and fixed an elusive bug that caused problems getting proof-delay cropping changes to “stick”.
- In lightbox viewing, we changed to the word “Close” instead of a small “X”, which was getting overlooked.
- .CRW files can now have a jpeg generated when using them in SmugVault, if you have the Image Preview option enabled.
- We modified feeds to return content in the context of your custom domain, if you have one, meaning that map bubbles now have hyperlinks that point to your custom domain, rather than yournickname.smugmug.com .
- In case you want to get the party started early, we now have an 09 Happy New Year’s card ready to go.
- We fixed a bug with deleting custom categories. Their subcategories are now moved to the Other category instead of being orphaned.
- We updated to the new version of the Simple Uploader. No major functionality changes, but you might notice a bump in speed.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing guests from rotating photos.
Categories: release notes