Home > bug fixes, new features, release notes, SmugMug > Bug fixes and sharegroup enhancements – September 11, 2008
Bug fixes and sharegroup enhancements – September 11, 2008
We had a great release last night, zapping some frustrating bugs and cleaning up some rough spots in design.
- Fixed missing Smuggy icon when you add your SmugMug page to the iPhone Home Screen.
- Fixed broken SmugShot link on the “choose an uploader” page.
- Fixed bug with saving photos in Firefox, where you’d end up with a file without an extension. This was occurring if your filename had a space in it, but it behaves for all filenames now.
- Fixed bug with the timeline section of your SmugMug homepage, where it would get “stuck” when you changed from date uploaded to date taken, or vice versa
- Fixed a bug on SmugMug’s browse page that prevented it from properly loading the map.
- Fixed rare bug in the shopping cart that allowed saving of an invalid crop.
Our sharegroups feature got some love:
- Fixed a sharegroups bug that was causing galleries to show up multiple times on your SmugMug homepage after viewing a sharegroup.
- Added “hide owner” functionality to sharegroups. If every gallery in sharegroup has the hide owner option turned on (in Customize Gallery settings), the sharegroup page will not have a link back to your SmugMug homepage.
- Added breadcrumbs back to your sharegroup. Now, when you click on a gallery from within a sharegroup, there’s an easy way to jump back to the sharegroup to check out the other galleries
- When Professional users add their custom domain in their SmugMug Control Panel, we now do more intelligent checking to make sure the domain is set up properly to point to domains.smugmug.com . More.
- Improved speed in the shopping cart, especially with large orders. You should see a noticeable improvement particularly when cropping photos.
- Changed the gear link in the footer to link to ClubSmug instead.
- Added Eye-Fi to ClubSmug.
- Gave the site-wide customization page (available for Power and Professional subscribers) a face lift. The wording is more clear and there are now useful links right on the page.
- Rewrote and reformatted many of our notification emails (renewal, photo comment, etc.) to be more clear and helpful.
- We had Atom 1.0 feeds for a long time, but were still feeding Atom 0.3 feeds as the default. Fixed.
- Added a feed for popular photos within a user’s category.
- Made it so expired free trialers without galleries can still view their SmugMug homepage and sign up.
- Made the “take me back to the page I was on” link smarter on the logout page. It now remembers if you were in your shopping cart when you clicked “logout”.
- Added a link from every Visitor help page back to our full help pages, so no one gets stranded.
- Our confirm message after using the “Adjust Thumbnails” photo tool was “pheh.” Fixed.