Contact a Hero and Bug Fixes – February 12, 2009
- We added a contact form on help pages, so our Support Heroes will be armed with more information (such as your browser version) when you email in a question.
- We are excited to announce a new SmugMug Artist-in-Residence team: Celebrity photographer Robert Evans and award-winning videographer Curt Apanovich.
- We took advantage of Facebook Connect so you can now login to your Facebook account when leaving a comment at SmugMug. No more captcha!
- We now filter out some profane words from comments.
- We added a timeline feed, accessible from the bottom of the /date page.
- We added the news of our new pro lab, Bay Photo, to our homepage. The soft launch is going beautifully, so we’re ramping things up.
- We updated to YUI 2.6
- By popular demand, we added a few options to the “Apply This Pricing” list in the pro pricing tool. You can now quickly apply prices “from other galleries” to a certain image. Also, you can quickly fill in your portfolio prices at the gallery or image level.
- We tweaked some things on the backend of the stats pages, so they should be faster.
- The custom hostname field in the Control Panel (for Power and Pros) is smarter, and it now tries to clean up improperly entered URLs.
- The catalog links are now cleaner:
Unpriced EZ Prints catalog – http://smugmug.com/prints/catalog
Priced EZ Prints catalog – http://smugmug.com/prints/catalog/P
Unpriced Bay Photo catalog – http://smugmug.com/prints/catalog/B
Priced Bay Photo catalog – http://smugmug.com/prints/catalog/BP
Priced two lab catalog – http://smugmug.com/prints/catalog/ABP
- Fixed a feeds bug where it broke for Recent Videos if you previously had a viewing password set.
- Fixed feeds so they should properly show up in iTunes once again.
- Fixed the pro sales downloadable spreadsheet so it will contain data in all applicable fields going forward.
- Fixed a bug with the price tool that caused problems in the “Apply This Pricing” menu if you had a subcategory with the same name as the category that contained it.
Categories: release notes