Be Social and a New Uploader- July 1st, 2009
We hope this release was worth the wait! We’re thrilled to announce lots of the social features requested by our customers.
If you have the “Easy Sharing” option enabled in your gallery settings, you’ll see the following new options in your Share menu when you’re logged in:
- Social Bookmarking – quickly share galleries with lots of popular networks such as Digg, Delicious and StumbleUpon.
- Be Social – share your photos with friends on Twitter, Facebook, Friendfeed, and Tumblr.
- Show Off (for logged-in gallery owner only) – create a custom flash slideshow or animated image badge. Get the code with a single click and flaunt it on your blog, forum, or website.
We’re proud to announce a new, faster uploader that replaces the old Simple uploader. We built this one in-house and it offers better real-time reporting of errors in addition to more robust error retrying and duplicate handling (see the drop-down menu at the bottom). When loading it for the first time, be sure to click “Trust” when the prompt from Sun Java comes up!
We welcomed a new (and incredibly talented) Artist In Residence: B. D. Colen. Photographers with a photojournalistic and documentary flair will want to check out his site and join in the lively discussions and exercises on Digital Grin.
Our first Wiley photo contest was so popular, we’ve added more. Go win some prizes!
Also in this release, we added two more great ClubSmug deals for Smuggers: a discount on stunning flash slideshows with Showit and a free(!) ecopy of the popular book FastTrack Photographer.
- We added an “Unlisted gallery” indication to the breadcrumbs for unlisted galleries when you’re logged in.
- The Customization FAQ is now restored and updated for your customizing pleasure.
- We brushed up and improved the news, referrals, upload log, backprinting, and watermarking pages accessible from the Control Panel.
- We fixed the annoying loop started from logging in to your account from the logout page. You should now properly arrive at your homepage.
- Special characters in the Amazon Payments billing/address field no longer cause hiccups for new subscribers.
- New users should now be able to upgrade their accounts on signup when paying via Amazon Payments.
- Assistants now see “Unlisted gallery” indication on homepages and category pages.
Update on stats, for those of you anxiously awaiting: Stats are currently showing up-to-date information. We are still actively working on overhauling this feature and we think you’ll be thrilled when it’s ready. Sorry we don’t have an ETA yet!