Stats Extreme Makeover Beta, Contact the Pro, Video Player Love
Want a peek at Stats Extreme Makeover Work in Progress edition? Just point your browser to http://www.smugmug.com/homepage/newstats.mg.
Have feedback? We’re watching this thread closely.
Contact the Pro
When customers click the Contact link while admiring your photos, they usually have questions like, “Can you shoot our wedding in July?”
Entering your contact email will allow those questions to go straight to you.
No worries, support questions from help links will still come to us.
If you have at least one sale, you’ll be prompted to enter a contact email. You can enter a new address in the pros tab of your control panel.
Video Player Love
If you use our video player on Windows, or embedded in a web page, you’ll see new options:
Here’s what’s changed:
- You now have the ability to turn HD on when you go into full-screen mode from the embedded player.
- You now have the ability to stretch the video to fit the player area (default: no stretch).
- We added four owner-configurable parameters: autoplay, hide logo, hide home button, hide share button. Details.
- If the video is deleted so the embedded version can’t play, we now show a “We’re sorry” message.
- When going full-screen, the video is not stretched by default (goodbye, jaggies).
- If you hover the mouse pointer over the controls, they don’t slide away.
- Non-standard video sizes are no longer stretched by default. We play them at their native resolution.
There were roughly a dozen bug fixes, such as:
- Fixed a bug that prevented you from changing your cart co-brand photo if it had an apostrophe in the filename.
- The Old Faithful uploader popup status window didn’t close in all browsers when the upload completed.
- Cleaned up the Simple Uploader “skipping duplicates” message.
- Gallery comments should not appear in timeline, keyword, or popular photos anymore.
- Be Social failed to post Twitter messages if they contained 68 characters.
- Be Social failed to post on Facebook any letters to the right of an ampersand in the title of a gallery.
- “Your message here” stayed in the tweet if you sent the tweet without entering a message.
- Keywords now more precisely honor password-protected SmugMug sites.
Happy New Year!
The SmugMug family