Photo Packages and Event Marketing
Sell more, price less: Packages for Pros
This week is pay dirt for Pros. Sell groups of prints and products for totally pain-free purchasing. Packages are here!
Create and configure them from the Pros tab of your Control Panel. Choose your print lab, products, and applicable galleries. Then name your price. When your customers buy one they’ll just need to select their images and check out. Questions? See our full help pages. Did we get it right? Speak your mind on our forums.
Pros please note:
- The print lab you specify for a package trumps the lab you’ve set in each gallery’s custom pricing. If they are different, a photo ordered through a Bay Photo package will print through Bay, while a regular order from the same gallery could print through EZ Prints.
- At this time, digital downloads and custom photo cards are not available for purchase through packages.
- Color correction is currently applied to ALL items ordered through packages. As we improve this feature we’ll let you specify your desired settings, so stay tuned.
Event Marketing and Choosing Favorites
Our Pros have shown us incredible patience through the last year and we hope that this moment has been worth the wait. Introducing Event Marketing and Favorites:
Events are Sharegroups on steroids. Create an Event and assign galleries to it. You get a link to the page to share with any person you wish. They’ll see all of those galleries on one handy page.
Additionally, you can enter a list of key clients (say, the bride). For each Participant you add, we’ll generate a custom version of the page that also contains a Favorites folder specific to them. When each Participant browses those event galleries, they can tag the photos they like best. A copy of each gets placed in that Favorites gallery, and both of you can review their selections at any time.
Last but not least, we brushed up the site with a slew of bug fixes:
- We tightened up the layout of our recently-added Sales Tax tool, so things should look neater in that space. You can also enter tax rates with up to three decimal places.
- Keyworders rejoice! Editing keywords now won’t unexpectedly clear them.
- Keywords links work properly from the lightbox again. (Whoops)
- Browsing by date on an invalid user’s site now redirects back to our general homepage.
- Sepia and Tanning Salon are back in service. Find it under your gallery Tools button > Color Effects.
- We added another great deal on our ClubSmug page for those wanting to try a Showit Website. Log in and check it out!
And a couple updates to our beta Stats feature:
- Video views are more accurate and are recorded more quickly.
- Single day views should appear as a dot on the graph.
- You can now grab a permalink to the page if you’re viewing stats for a single day.
We hope our fans love these new additions and will stay tuned for lots more. If you’re attending WPPI next week, don’t be shy. Please come see us in booth #1518 and say hello!
The SmugMug Family