We absolutely loved seeing so many of our passionate customers at WPPI. And for anyone else who couldn’t make it but still volunteered their generous feedback about our features: Thank you. Please keep it coming.
In the spirit of spring cleaning, we’re shipping one of the biggest sets of bug fixes this side of the Mississippi. Batten down the hatches and roll up your sleeves – let’s get started!
New and Improved:
- We have a new shiny blog landing page to reflect our updated SmugBlogs. Check them out.
Correcting Collecting (and Sharing):
- Photos collected from protected galleries no longer throw ugly errors. As an account owner, you can collect a photo and display it in a public gallery even if the source gallery has disabled external linking and is locked with a viewing password.
- Collected photos residing in hidden galleries only display the keywords to the logged-in account holder, not visitors. Your secret is safe with us.
- Share Emails sent for collected photos displays the image you expect to see. It also links back to the original gallery and not the gallery in which it was collected.
- Events containing an ampersand in the name won’t break your share emails. Keep marketing yourself without a hitch.
- If you’re crazy about our email sharing feature, you’ll notice we fixed your Control Panel so it doesn’t take forever to load. Keep sharing, keep sending!
Organization, Customization, and Tools stuff:
- If you noticed that your custom banner shifted slightly after our last release, our bad! Everything should be back in place.
- The Save Photo icon is now hidden from the lightbox in protected galleries.
- Changes you made to “Appearance” using the bulk gallery settings tool had trouble sticking. They should now.
- Your changes should stay when you Arrange photos.
- Power Users and Pros with custom page titles will see them appended to the default page title, not overwriting it.
- The page title on a Sharegroup page once again matches the page title you customized on your site.
- The homepage slideshow chooser now recognizes galleries that contain special characters in their titles.
- We corrected the link in the comment notification emails so that collected photos direct back to the original gallery. The comment itself also now posts to the original gallery, where you expect to see it.
- Also, some comments weren’t being posted successfully if the gallery was protected with a viewing password. Thankfully, this works again.
- Editing bulk caption/keywords from a keywords gallery should display the proper number of images.
- Keyworders, sorry to leave you hanging! We fixed photos that were having trouble opening in the lightbox when accessed from keyword search galleries.
- Additionally, some keywords were getting left out of the lightbox view, but you’ll see them now.
- Separate your keywords with a pipe ( | ) or a colon ( : ), in addition to the spaces, semicolons and commas we already accept. Need a crash course on keywords?
And last but never, ever least:
- Shoppers using Safari might notice that items will stay put in their shopping carts without having to check their browser settings.
- Packages are now included in your shipment notification emails. The package names also play nicely on your confirmation screen, when you check out.
- If you’re eager to hide photos, you can now hit the “Hide” checkbox before the newly uploaded photo has finished processing.
- Fixed the text color on some of our newer themes for better readability.
- Galleries with lots of photos no longer get confused when you navigate subsequent pages.
- We fixed a glitch with the lightbox that caused some errors when browsing by date, keyword or in your popular images.
- Our Email a Hero form can accept all kinds of special characters, too, without breaking the Send button. We really do want to hear from each and every one of you.
- Video lovers re-downloading their videos from the lightbox using “Owner Save” were getting foiled, but we fixed this. Now you save the movie file you were expecting.
- Users with hyphens in their nickname can now join the fun over at Picnik. Don’t forget that you can access this cool feature from your gallery Tools menu.
- We made browsing easier for viewers on mobile devices. You can now access our simplified site just by adding /m/ to your URL. Example: http://cmac.smugmug.com/m/ (But if you prefer, the old /iphone ending still works, too.)
- Our beta stats got a bit more friendly: The views show more palatable terms like “Today,” “Yesterday,” and “Last week.”
- We can import altitude if it’s included in your file’s metadata.
All the best,
The SmugMug Family