Dgrin Upgrade and Bug Fixes
This week is another potpourri of fixes to keep your sharing, browsing and storing options as smooth as possible.
First up: Our discussion forums, Digital Grin, got a big software update tonight. We hope it’s a totally painless experience for all of you, but if you see something that looks funky flag us down here in this thread.
Fixes and Repairs
- We’re sorry to all of you who were receiving errant comment notifications for photos that weren’t yours. With a little detective work, we pinned the problem down and are glad to say that it’s been fixed. If you still happen to get the odd email please ping our heroes, but we hope that we’ve quieted the disquiet.
- Socialites using the Get a Link and Be Social features can more easily cycle through the image picker. It’s better. Faster. And now you don’t have to laboriously click backwards if you’ve reached the end to go back to the beginning of the gallery. Enjoy the endless loop!
- The Popular Photos box was throwing in extra images from other users when you tried to buy multiple photos or view a slideshow of all the images. We’ve removed the extras and, hopefully, the confusion.
- We fixed the flipped ascending/descending Auto Sort feature that a few Smuggers were seeing in their gallery settings. Please check to be sure it works as expected.
- If you have large number of photos in a galleries and are using the Thumbnails viewing style, the single image picker works on all the thumbs, whether or not you’re scrolling down the page.
- Checking Hide Owner in your gallery settings should properly update the URL preview at the top, under “Essentials.”
We hope you have a great weekend!
The SmugMug Family