Thank You Prints, Stickers, Event Marketing and bug fixes
While we were releasing batch after batch of bug fixes and tweaks, we also had a few secrets up our sleeves. It’s time to unveil a groundbreaking new feature for our Pro Smuggers: custom Thank You Prints and Stickers.
Order Branding: Your logo from start to finish.
You’ve had the ability to brand your shopping cart, but we dialed this feature up to eleven. Design your own thank you notes that get included with your print orders and put custom stickers on the outside of the shipping box. Sound cool? It is.
Getting mail never looked so good.
Enable your Thank You Prints and Stickers for just $1 per order. Turn them on in your Control Panel > Pros tab and fine-tune them in your gallery settings, under Printing. You can also use either lab:
- EZ Prints: They’ll add a Thank You Print to any order that contains prints, and add Stickers to any order that contains merchandise. You can also put a custom Sender Name on the return label so your customers know who the shipment is from.
- Bay Photo: Get Thank You Prints and/or stickers added to any order, any time.
We hope you and your customers are as ecstatic as we are. Look here for the full details and feel free to let us know what you think about these great new additions. Want to talk about it, ask questions, show off your branding? Head over to Dgrin.
You’ll notice that our Events feature also got a few improvements:
- Just like the rest of your site, Events are now NiceName compatible. This means we’ll make a friendly URL from your Event name, so your guests can remember the links easily. But you can always adjust it if you wish.
- Events (and Sharegroups) are unlisted by default, so your private galleries aren’t revealed even if you forget to click that button during setup. Don’t forget that this means the URL will have a code of letters and numbers at the end of the NiceName; include that when you copy the link. Of course, you can leave your Event public to get the simplest URL.
- You can also arrange galleries in your Event, so click the new Arrange mode checkbox and drag your thumbnails get organized.
- Sharing your Event just got a bit more powerful, too. Enter multiple email addresses in the Participant email field and separate them with a comma.
- We’ve also given you Macros so you can easily copy and paste terms into your messages and ensure that you get the information right — regardless of how many guests you’re emailing in a go.
- Have you revised our default share message and love what you wrote? Save it as a Template and use it again and again when emailing guests from that Event.
All this information has been added to our help page here. We’ve got even more exciting improvements in the works for this feature, so don’t be shy if you’ve got feedback for us.
The Bug Fix
Some of you wrote to us because you were having stubborn items not staying put when shopping. We’ve made a change to our cart so adding items should work across all browsers, especially if the site has set a custom domain.
That’s it from us this week. Enjoy your new features and we’ll see you next time!
All the best,
The SmugMug Family