You, meet MOO.
Introducing a new partner for photo goodies: MOO.com! Print decadently durable cards right from your SmugMug photos. Look in your galleries and find a new Business Cards option under the Buy button. MOO’s super-simple card designer slurps in your photos so you can design your first set in just a few minutes.
Got decision paralysis? Use your whole portfolio. MOO lets you print a unique image for each card in a pack. That means 50 different photos for business cards and 100 for MiniCards. That’s a lot.
They also offer Postcards and Greeting Cards, so you’ll be sure to find something for every occasion.
To kick off this beautiful new relationship, we’re offering you an incredible deal until July 16th:
- Standard and Power Smuggers can get 10% off any order from their site. Order as much as you like, as often as you like.
- Pros get a pack of 50 business cards or a pack of 100 MiniCards on the house. All you pay is shipping. (One per customer)
Start designing right here, right now. Prices are chopped at checkout.
Share and swap biz card tips and tricks in our discussion forums. Happy printing!
EXIF for all
One of your most requested features has been to embed metadata in resized images.
Tonight’s your night. Any metadata included in your originals will now be embedded in the image’s display copies. Here’s a full list of what we’ll support:
– Exif.Image.Copyright (if Iptc.Application2.Copyright is not set)
– Exif.Image.Artist (if Iptc.Application2.Byline is not set)
Of course, this applies to all new photos that you add to your galleries. To get them on existing images, just rotate them, re-apply watermarks, crop, or do anything that will force the generation of a new display copy. More about display copies. More about image tools.
Events: Registration Renovation
Pros love our Events features and we hope to keep improving it with your feedback.
You can now broadcast your Event to the world and let your guests register to pick Favorites. This frees you up to shoot, promote, and book your next gig.
We’ve refined our Registration option by adding another tier: Suggested. Events set this way will prompt visitors to register when the Event is first viewed, but they can bypass it to browse the event as a guest.
“Optional” registration now only prompts for registration when the Favorites heart at the top is clicked. To make this more clear, we’ve changed the link to read “Register to Pick Favorites.”
We also heard your feedback and show more of the Event name on the page so your visitors can easily find the right gallery.
Our site has been updated with all the details.
- A few of you noticed a small navigation bug in our Stats Popularity tab. We’ve fixed that so you can browse without a hitch.
- Pros: We now check to be sure that your custom watermarks have a unique name entered before you can successfully save it. This makes it loads easier to choose the one you want come crunch time.
- We fixed broken lightbox views when clicking photos in the Popular Photos > All-time gallery.
- Chrome users can watch videos smoothly. If you still have trouble, be sure you’ve got the latest Adobe Flash.
Enjoy, and as always have a wonderful weekend.
All the best,
The SmugMug Family
As promised, we have a few goodies for the Pros that just missed last week’s deadline. Here they are:
Events. On Steroids.
Our Events feature got an enormous boost. You can sort your Events, add a custom slideshow to your Event page, feature your Event on your homepage and best of all, let guests register so that they can pick Favorites. (Whew!)
Open your Control Panel > Pros tab and click on your Events. You’ll see all the different options are broken down into boxes for easy navigation. The new “Event Settings” area holds all this new stuff, so check it out.
Here’s a cheat sheet for the new Guest Registration feature:
- Required registration - Anyone who tries to view your Event pages will be prompted to enter their name and email address. We’ll send them an email with a special link. Clicking it will allow them to browse the galleries and tag Favorites.
- Optional registration - Visiting the Event page will prompt the guest to register. If they fill it out, they’ll get the customized Event page and the ability to tag Favorites. However, they can opt out and continue to browse the Event as a guest.
- Off - This is Events as you’ve known it. Only people you set as Participants can tag Favorites. Everyone else sees the public version of the Event.
All guests who Register appear in your new Participants and Registered Guests section, so you can keep track (and keep in touch.)
Detailed help pages are forthcoming. In the meantime, give it a spin let us know how we did.
Ask and ye shall receive! Gallery Coupons.
One thing we heard our Pros wanted was gallery-specific coupons.
Visit your Control Panel > Pros tab and open up the Coupons manager. By default, your coupons will apply to every gallery on your site, but you can narrow it down to specific ones. Creating coupons for each customer just got a whole lot easier.
Catch up on the versatility and variety of our coupons feature here.
Keeping You in the Loop.
Pros, we added a little more info to your Sales History pages. Open up any order and look out for the Payment Details area on the right. We now give you dates we paid your past profit payments, and even include the check number if you we mailed you a paper check.
If you’ve got any questions about your payment history and when we paid you, stop there first.
Need help with reporting? Look here.
We’re ecstatic that our SmugMug User Groups have been thrilling you each month. From coast to coast Smuggers of all persuasions are coming out to meet, greet and learn something new.
Check out our locations page to find and follow your local SMUG.
- Navigating your gallery while the keyword edit box is open shouldn’t cause it to disappear.
- Similarly, opening a photo’s lightbox view won’t crash the keyword edit box if it’s already open.
- The search box in the header will properly return results when searching for 1- and 2-character keywords.
- The date range feature in our Stats now respects the Eastern time zone.
- Orders shipping to a handful of long-named countries now have shipping options in the shopping cart.
- We fixed a rare bug that affected a few Pros’ Sales History’s display of profit calculation.
- Our new Personal Delivery feature got official help pages. Find them here.
As always. we’ve got more tricks up our sleeves so stay tuned.
‘Til next time,
The SmugMug Family
Who’s your daddy?
We added a referrer tab to your statistics so you can see who’s making you popular. My SmugMug site was discovered by StumbleUpon:
For most sites, you can click on the numeric link under hits to discover which pages on those sites are fueling your rise to fame and fortune.
This feature diverts your customer’s package to you so you can personally deliver it to them.
Enable it for all galleries on the pros tab of your control panel. Enable it for specific galleries via Gallery Settings.
We still collect your customer’s ship-to address in the shopping cart in case you don’t have it. We’ll notify them that their package will come from you.
Continuing the effort to promote your brand on orders, such as cart and package branding, our new order confirm emails mention you more prominently and us less so.
Improved Sales History Page
Faster, lighter, betterer at the maths, with more sort options.
An annoying error message asking you to remove Google Analytics code from your custom footer should annoy you no more.
Almost shipped but…
Stay tuned for our next exciting episode because two pro improvements almost went out tonight but just missed the bus.
All the best,
The SmugMug family