Moo Partnership, Metadata love, Event registration and bug fixes
You, meet MOO.
Introducing a new partner for photo goodies: MOO.com! Print decadently durable cards right from your SmugMug photos. Look in your galleries and find a new Business Cards option under the Buy button. MOO’s super-simple card designer slurps in your photos so you can design your first set in just a few minutes.
Got decision paralysis? Use your whole portfolio. MOO lets you print a unique image for each card in a pack. That means 50 different photos for business cards and 100 for MiniCards. That’s a lot.
They also offer Postcards and Greeting Cards, so you’ll be sure to find something for every occasion.
To kick off this beautiful new relationship, we’re offering you an incredible deal until July 16th:
- Standard and Power Smuggers can get 10% off any order from their site. Order as much as you like, as often as you like.
- Pros get a pack of 50 business cards or a pack of 100 MiniCards on the house. All you pay is shipping. (One per customer)
Start designing right here, right now. Prices are chopped at checkout.
Share and swap biz card tips and tricks in our discussion forums. Happy printing!
EXIF for all
One of your most requested features has been to embed metadata in resized images.
Tonight’s your night. Any metadata included in your originals will now be embedded in the image’s display copies. Here’s a full list of what we’ll support:
- Exif.Image.Copyright (if Iptc.Application2.Copyright is not set)
- Exif.Image.Artist (if Iptc.Application2.Byline is not set)
Of course, this applies to all new photos that you add to your galleries. To get them on existing images, just rotate them, re-apply watermarks, crop, or do anything that will force the generation of a new display copy. More about display copies. More about image tools.
Events: Registration Renovation
Pros love our Events features and we hope to keep improving it with your feedback.
You can now broadcast your Event to the world and let your guests register to pick Favorites. This frees you up to shoot, promote, and book your next gig.
We’ve refined our Registration option by adding another tier: Suggested. Events set this way will prompt visitors to register when the Event is first viewed, but they can bypass it to browse the event as a guest.
“Optional” registration now only prompts for registration when the Favorites heart at the top is clicked. To make this more clear, we’ve changed the link to read “Register to Pick Favorites.”
We also heard your feedback and show more of the Event name on the page so your visitors can easily find the right gallery.
Our site has been updated with all the details.
- A few of you noticed a small navigation bug in our Stats Popularity tab. We’ve fixed that so you can browse without a hitch.
- Pros: We now check to be sure that your custom watermarks have a unique name entered before you can successfully save it. This makes it loads easier to choose the one you want come crunch time.
- We fixed broken lightbox views when clicking photos in the Popular Photos > All-time gallery.
- Chrome users can watch videos smoothly. If you still have trouble, be sure you’ve got the latest Adobe Flash.
Enjoy, and as always have a wonderful weekend.
All the best,
The SmugMug Family