Home > Andy Williams, bug fixes, new features, release notes > Bulk Downloads, Cart Update, Bug Fixes

Bulk Downloads, Cart Update, Bug Fixes

Filenames and Custom Domain for Bulk Downloads

As soon as we added bulk downloads to the site a few weeks ago, you asked for two more things: use original filenames as part of the downloaded filename, and your custom domain in the download url. Today, we added both! Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Shopping Cart Update

SmugMug-Pro-Shopping-Cart

Are you a Pro? We updated the ‘buy multiple photos’ page to use your personal branding, and to show SmugMug’s mini-footer instead of our full footer. We also updated the footer in the main shopping cart to use only the mini-footer when photos are bought from Pro sites.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where videos playing in full screen had a frame-grab of the video as a background instead of the normal black background.
  • Packages with cards in them now show an error when the image being used to fill the package does not meet the size requirements.

Enjoy,

The SmugMug Family

1. October 22, 2010 at 8:48 am

You guys updated the cart but have yet to add a b&w option? I have proof delay set up…all I need is a little checkbox if the client wants the image converted. Pleeeeease, this is a major hangup in SmugMug functionality for event photographers!

• October 22, 2010 at 9:29 am

Hi Kevin, it’s on our list of things to do – we’ll get there one day, I hope!

2. Joe
    October 22, 2010 at 12:11 pm

A B&W option? Are you kidding me? PLEASE SmugMug, do NOT put a pre-canned B&W option on our photos. B&W conversions are a case by case conversion with no two being the same. Simply desaturating a photo does not make it a nice B&W.

• October 22, 2010 at 1:04 pm

Hi Joe! Don’t worry, if / when we ever added such a feature, you’d be able to choose if you wanted it or not. Cheers,
      Andy

3. October 22, 2010 at 3:18 pm

The custom domain name is great; impresses people – take my photography more seriously; Yay! Thank you very much already used it. Bulk Download saved me about an hour today. Used to be I would put a gallery up for my comapny’s PR firm to browse; they would tell me which ones they wanted. I would then do an owner save, if I didn’t have images with me, then zip up; then place on FTP site. Then send them a link. Then remember to delete the file. Now much easier. Created 2nd gallery that was a “Collected” Gallery, triggered a bulk download on that, got e-mail, forwarded e-mail to PR firm. In two weeks the zip file goes away. Yay! PR Firm even commented on the ease of the process as opposed to the previous approach.

4. Jack
    October 24, 2010 at 9:59 am

5. Papajay
    October 25, 2010 at 8:14 am

Thank you for getting that screen-grab background bug in the full screen video fixed! Much happier now. Cheers, Papajay.

6. Dave
    November 2, 2010 at 6:17 pm

I was hoping that you would have fixed the share group password bug that is described in ticket 138863.
    Any estimate in that?

• November 2, 2010 at 6:59 pm

Hi Dave, no estimate but I just reminded our team of that bug. Sorry for the hassle. – Andy

7. November 7, 2010 at 7:34 am

Thanks much for original filename in bulk download. A great improvement.

8. August 21, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Whats {Occurring|Occurring|Developing|Going down} {i am|i am} new to this, I stumbled {upon|on} this {I have|I have} {found out|found|recognized|uncovered|acquired|identified out} It positively {practical|beneficial|helpful|precious|useful|simple} and {it’s|it really is|it’s got} {assisted|assisted|aided|served}