Home > new features, Sales, SmugMug > New Pro Feature: Boutique Packaging

New Pro Feature: Boutique Packaging

Save yourself the paper cuts and let us gift wrap your orders. Boutique Packaging is here!

Specify a minimum dollar amount and we’ll place qualifying orders into a beautiful, sturdy gift box or folder. Prints fulfilled through Bay Photo will get an additional gold paper ribbon adorning it all. Perfect.

Boutique Packaging costs just $7 a pop. Orders containing prints from both Bay Photo and EZ Prints are $7 per lab. Like coupons and order branding, we’ll deduct this from your profits or bill the card you have on file.

We’ll wrap all prints, ThinWraps and MetalPrints up to 11×14 in size. Enable it in your Control Panel and use your Gallery Settings to determine which photos get pampered. We’ll take it from there.

Need to change something? Be sure all of your galleries are safeguarded with Proof Delay so you can review your orders. With this feature you can add or remove Boutique Packaging from any qualifying order that’s been placed with 3-5 Day shipping (or faster). This is a super-simple way to be sure you’ll wow your customers… even if they buy from galleries where Boutique Packaging wasn’t set

Finally, Boutique Packaging applies to single-Pro orders, only. If your customers buy from more than one photographer, our regular packaging and shipping options will apply.

Get all the details on our help page here. Try it now and let us know what you think!

1. November 12, 2010 at 1:23 pm

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!! I was just thinking the other day that I would LOVE it if I could have this option! YES!

2. Michael
    November 12, 2010 at 1:29 pm

Looks nice – might have to consider if I want to burn up some of my profits on this – but like having the option avaialbe for sure.

• Jef
      November 12, 2010 at 3:56 pm

Michael,

think of it this way … your profits from Smug aren’t profits until the check comes. People will spread the word, by word of mouth, and the return on the investment will be humongous! raise your prices by 7% and it covers the cost of the packaging as long as they order $100 or more.

3. November 12, 2010 at 2:06 pm

This is great, finishing my last details in my website and business start rolling a lot of revenue in December hold on Smugmug here comes the next Kevin Kubota…lol

4. November 12, 2010 at 2:28 pm

Colors? Branding? Options? OR do we get any color we want as long as it’s brown?

• November 12, 2010 at 2:35 pm

Hi, the colors are as we state in our help page – beautiful brown boxes with cream tissue paper and gold ribbons from Bay, and black boxes with white tissue paper from EZP. Thanks!

• November 12, 2010 at 2:46 pm

Ahh! You had me at “black boxes with white tissue”

• Chelsea
        November 16, 2010 at 7:00 pm

Hopefully one day there will be an option for us to select colors =)

• December 3, 2010 at 11:37 am

This is a limitation from the respective labs. I use Bay a lot outside of SmugMug and the brown packaging looks nice – but choices would be nicer. As a pro, it’s important to me to have my work presented in a professional manner. Set yourself apart. Beats wearing a tie… Andy, it would be nice if we could automate adding one or more user-defined non-print “products” (such as packaging charges) charge to orders rather than changing our price lists. Maybe a 2012 feature?

5. November 12, 2010 at 2:34 pm

Awesome!! Thank you so much!!

6. November 12, 2010 at 3:11 pm

Loooove this. Gold leaf printing of custom text (like say my studio name) would make this extra-uber-awesome!

7. November 12, 2010 at 4:45 pm

Interesting stuff! Definitely a pro presentation of the product.

8. Chris
    November 12, 2010 at 7:24 pm

Yay! This is great stuff…. this type of box does raise the value to the customer. Thank you!

9. kiteflyer
    November 12, 2010 at 11:10 pm

this is great.I like it :)

10. November 12, 2010 at 11:50 pm

vERY NICE this good

11. November 12, 2010 at 11:50 pm

thnks more

12. November 13, 2010 at 6:56 am

Hello, Can the gift wrapping be an option for my customers to select and pay for?

• November 14, 2010 at 7:14 am

Hi Leighton, no, not at this time – only you can set it, for your galleries. The other option of course is to be sure your your galleries are set for proof delay, then you can simply click a link in your proof delay screen, to add boutique packaging to an order (for $7) to wow a customer :)

13. November 16, 2010 at 5:45 pm

LOVE YOU GUYS!! This is a GREAT option!!!

14. November 16, 2010 at 6:16 pm

Great options to have for sure, especially for the up-coming holidays!

Aside from the new service, one thing that has been on my mind is…can the photo labs do drop ship to our customers w/our business name/address on the package as well whenever a purchase is made from our site, that would be great branding and truly personalized service imho. Thanks!

15. November 16, 2010 at 6:56 pm

I LOVE this! I might consider just forking out for holiday orders and then setting it up for big orders later. You guys are great!

16. Lady fffab
    November 16, 2010 at 7:02 pm

Kintu option ta kono kajer na

17. November 16, 2010 at 9:59 pm

What would be nice are color options that fit with my branding. Brown and gold are just not me.

18. November 17, 2010 at 2:27 am

I completely agree with Chelsea here. I would love other color combos to choose from.

19. November 17, 2010 at 6:50 am

It would be lovely if this was optional for Pro account orders when we’re placing a huge order for a customer.

20. November 17, 2010 at 7:01 am

This new Boutique feature is a wonderful idea particularly cominng up on the holiday season… Another terrific enhancement to Smugmugs System of services… Jim Wilson, Boca Raton, Florida…

21. donna vanmeter
    November 17, 2010 at 10:33 am

awwww thank you :)

22. November 17, 2010 at 10:38 am

By “a pop” do you mean per item, or per order? If a client ordered a ginormous amount of prints, etc., would it be $7 for the entire order?

• November 18, 2010 at 4:30 pm

Hi Alicia, yup, $7 per order per lab.
      – Andy

23. November 17, 2010 at 12:18 pm

Lucky me, brown is one of my brand colors!!! This is perfect since I’m about to roll out my new logo, redesign my site, and add cards and stickers to my packaging…and increase my prices to pay for it!

Thanks Smugmug, for using my color scheme LOL!

24. November 17, 2010 at 2:00 pm

Awesome. I was just going to order boxes because I love the quality of the prints from Bay Photo over WHCC but they didnt offer the box option. Now they do Yippie!!!

25. November 17, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Great idea to help boost sales. Thanks, SnapShotSandy

26. Mark
    November 17, 2010 at 7:04 pm

Not sure why it’s can be just added to the S&H charges that is paid upon checkout. I use this with my other pro labs and it is much more straight forward.

27. November 18, 2010 at 5:54 am

like it, love it… I want some more of it.. WOW this is most awesommmmmmmmenesssss! Thanx, U guys ROCK….

28. November 18, 2010 at 7:43 am

brilliant. love it — thank you!

29. November 18, 2010 at 2:57 pm

LOVE IT! :) Thank you!!!!!! :)

30. November 19, 2010 at 7:44 am

Looks good. One more thing that makes me comfy to turn pro some day…

31. November 19, 2010 at 7:48 am

Awesome!!! Just dumped my other service for good, You guys rock!

32. November 20, 2010 at 11:47 am

Sweeeet! Now I wish Smugmug would offer DVDs tho be burnt, personalized, and packed like this!

Happy Thanksgiving !!!

33. November 21, 2010 at 6:45 am

Nice idea, my customers would pick the photos they like and you will package the photos?

34. November 22, 2010 at 9:57 am

Every time I get around to thinking about something I find it here. Now just add the ipad magic order button and I will think you guys are even cooler than you are now :).

35. November 22, 2010 at 10:31 pm

Another great product for our customers! Thank you for always looking at ways to support us.

You guys rock!

36. November 25, 2010 at 8:27 am

I LOVE this!! What a great way to receive your beautiful photos in a beautiful package!! Awesome idea!!

37. November 30, 2010 at 3:58 pm

I love the boxes but the ribbons are ugly. I would not present to my customers. sorry but to be honest I prefer Mpix’s boutique packaging. much more elegant. still love smugmug for everything else

38. March 5, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I see brown packaging, is that the only color you have.

39. May 14, 2011 at 2:23 pm

“Our regular packaging and shipping options will apply when your clients buy from more than one Pro.

Boutique Packaging requires 3-5 Business Day shipping (or faster) so if it’s enabled, your clients won’t see the 6-10 Business Day option when they check out. Shipping details.

You can turn on Boutique Packaging during the proofing period only if your client chose 3-5 Business Day shipping (or faster) in the shopping cart.

Gotcha: Boutique Packaging applies only to logged-out, Pro-priced orders on which you earn profits.”

Above is pasted from your website. I am wondering why I was charged for boutique packaging on an order that I did not earn profits? (Order had a coupon code for at cost) Not a big deal but I ended up losing money on the order which I did not anticipate because of the previous web post. Thanks for help on this!

40. June 11, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Having a color option would be nice!

41. October 5, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I like this idea.

I’ve been using SMGMG for years and really been enjoying your recent updates/upgrades for what we sell.

Thanks, D.