HTML5 and SmugVault, Login Page Tweaks and a Ton of Bug Fixes
SmugVault and the HTML5 Uploader
The newest addition to our uploader lineup is now compatible with SmugVault. This means you can drag and drop in all kinds of files (or just really, really big ones) and they’ll upload seamlessly into your archives. Do I need a SmugVault?
Are we in yet? Are we in yet?
We cleaned up our login page and made it smarter. For those who aren’t a fan of Facebook, you can click the new “Disable it” link under the login box and we’ll remember that you’d rather log in the traditional way for a whole year.
In addition, you can disable the “SmugMug Connect” permissions on your Facebook account and we’ll start from scratch the next time you hit the login page… no more repeated automated attempts that were frustrating some of our users. More about logging in.
What a Character!
- You can buy a Gift of SmugMug for someone (or someones) with special characters in their names. Go ahead and get an account for Mom & Dad!
- You no longer have to add a double space around HTML links in your captions. Everything should be properly spaced as you type them.
- Entering the “<” character in a Category name no longer causes the NiceName to be cut off.
- Our “Ask Real People” contact form understands that some of you have email addresses with plus signs in them.
- Quotes in your gallery viewing passwords won’t cause weirdness in the Gallery Settings page.
- We don’t permit line breaks in Category names anymore. Strange, but true.
- … but if you do have a space or a line break in your Category name, it doesn’t break your customizations.
- The Easy Customizer will still load and work even if you’ve somehow entered weird characters in your navbar code.
- Setting prices on Packages won’t inadvertently switch it from a multi-image to a single-image one, or flip the color correction option.
- If your client is buying Packages from an unlisted gallery, we won’t show them ones available for your public galleries.
- We’ll display applicable charges for Order Branding. They were somehow getting left out of your Proof Delay details.
This and that:
- We fixed the navigation links in galleries set to Traditional viewing style. They were acting funny when they contained Collected photos.
- We had a few cases where phantom empty subcategories were appearing on the Arrange screen, but they shouldn’t show up and confuse you any more.
- Photos collected into a public gallery now appear on your map, even if they’re originally from unlisted galleries.
- If your original, full-res file is smaller than our 1 MP resolution, we won’t upsize them (and compromise image quality) when someone buys it as a Digital Download.
Here’s to fixing great things together,
The SmugMug Family