Home > business, Galleries, new features, release notes, SmugMug > New Album Download Pricing for Pros

New Album Download Pricing for Pros

Album Downloads

You’ve always been able to sell individual photos in three different sizes and two license formats. Your visitors were able to add all images from a gallery to the shopping cart, which was convenient, but the price for that order was a cumulative total that couldn’t be changed.

Now you can set one special price for the full set. This means that you can offer a “package” price to clients who buy the whole gallery.

How it Works

Open up your custom pricing and click the Downloads tab. You’ll see a brand new section under each license type called “Album Downloads”:

Price them just the way you’d price anything else and remember to save it. This price is the one that shows when your client hits the Buy button and chooses All Digital Downloads:

They pick the download type and size, and can then continue to check out.

Get all the details about digital downloads, licenses and how to offer them to clients here.

Happy selling!

1. March 28, 2011 at 9:07 am

That is awesome! I’ve been waiting so long for something like this!

2. March 28, 2011 at 9:11 am

Brilliant!

3. March 28, 2011 at 9:12 am

By the way, did you fix the bug where if you create the album ZIP file then add more images to the gallery the ZIP can’t be recreated?

• March 28, 2011 at 10:28 am

calanan :

Hi, it’s not really a bug, we just haven’t built in a way for you to re-request the download. But for now, you can write our hereos and they can reset the gallery for you so you can get a new download. Thanks!

4. March 28, 2011 at 11:18 am

I am so excited about this new feature!!!

5. March 28, 2011 at 11:23 am

This is fantastic news guys! I’ve been mucking around with coupons but it became far too messy. I’m going to implement this right away!

6. March 28, 2011 at 12:08 pm

Now, if we could just download a personal pricelist to show customers, all would be well in SmugWorld.

Exel format would be great, .csv is perfectly acceptable!

7. March 28, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Nice feature, shame everyone in the whole world still has to pay in $USD.

8. March 28, 2011 at 1:25 pm

You know what I’d love? An option to let them download all (or some) of their images with watermarks still on them (say at facebook optimized size)? Ideally I’d like to be able to offer this for profit or just for $0 so that I could give them an easy way to get free facebook advertising for me with my watermark already on the digital downloads they want to post to facebook… just a thought…

This new feature is great though! Really like that we finally can sell an entire album of digital downloads :)

• March 28, 2011 at 1:33 pm

It’s not exactly the most elegant way to do this, but you could create a separate gallery with low res, watermarked files (your own watermark, not smug’s) and offer that gallery download for whatever price you like.

• September 12, 2012 at 2:04 pm

YES!!! I wish we had that ability!!

9. Hezekiah
    March 28, 2011 at 1:32 pm

This is great. I agree with Neil and Dixon too. It would be nice if their can be a future feature where everyone can pay in their own currency and when they do you get the converted amount in your account. :D And the Personal Price list feature would be equally amazing.

10. March 28, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Neat feature. I’d also like to be able to do something in between one photo at a time and the whole gallery – i.e., sell downloads in packs (e.g., 10 downloads for one price)

11. March 28, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Cat Hoffman :

This is actually pretty easy. Simply limit the max size in the gallery to the size you want them to have and don’t enable right-click protection. They’ll right-click and save their favorites with your watermark on them.

12. March 28, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Ahh, a new feature! That explains why the download all feature stopped putting the album title in the zip name. One new feature, one broken feature…