Video Improvements and Other Bug Fixes
We made a few important fixes to our videos:
- Portrait-oriented videos stay upright and don’t get squashed.
- Full HD videos show the “Save Movie” option in the flyout bar (just like all the other available sizes).
- Anamorphic videos wont be squished out of their original shape when played.
- Metadata like camera type is now reported correctly, along with video length and dimensions.
Two improvements in video sharing:
- Our Get a Link feature for video embeds will use our updated API to deliver smooth, buttery videos on iDevices.
- You can just copy the URL of your video from the gallery and drop it into your blog. We’ll automatically embed the best-sized video for a proper fit.
And a few other fixes:
- Smart Galleries will better update content when you upload new photos that match your Rules.
- Some homepage slideshows were presenting thumbnails of images, but they’ll display the normal-sized pics now.
- You can get short smu.gs link for your gallery right from your Share or Owner Share button. If you use our dedicated link shortener, we now give smu.gs links for SmugMug and Dgrin domains and bit.ly links for everything else.
- If you don’t have any Printmarks set up and toggle it to ‘Yes’ at the gallery level, we’ll now prompt you to create one instead of displaying an empty space.
- You may also notice that when you change a gallery’s name or NiceName in the gallery settings, you’ll see the URL preview update more quickly than before.