Two Bright Lights Puts Your Photos in Magazines
Have you ever dreamed of getting published in a magazine? There’s nothing like seeing your very own photo featured in a double spread to boost your business and keep fresh clients coming.
With SmugMug’s new partnership with Two Bright Lights, it’s easier than ever to send your photos out for consideration.
What’s Two Bright Lights?
They’re your personal publicity platform, the folks that do the hard work for you.
Think about it: When you want to submit your photos for consideration, you have to contact each publication individually, find out what they’re looking for, customize your submissions to their specs, in addition to actually submitting your work. And how do you know which magazines are worth your time, anyway?
With Two Bright Lights, all you have to do is tell them what you’re looking for, upload your images and click a button to get your photos onto the editor’s desk. Easy!
How it Works
1) Sign up for an account at Two Bright Lights. They have a free trial so it’s easy to give it a whirl.
2) Once you’re in, create an album depending on what you’re shooting. Example: If you’re submitting wedding photos, they’ll ask for details like the bride and groom’s name, venue and wedding date. For travel photos, tag the location.
Confused? No worries – Two Bright Lights guides you through every step and tells you exactly what the editors want to see.
3) Choose your SmugMug photos. You’ll see a built-in uploader that will help you slurp your pics right from your existing galleries into the album you just created.
4) Pick which publications to shoot for, fill out a few details and voilà! Your job is done.
Tip: It pays to do a little research about your target publications before you submit. Some may have specific requirements or styles that work better for you than others.
Is it just for Weddings?
No! While Two Bright Lights originally started to help wedding photographers get noticed, they’ve expanded to include many other categories like:
- Events and Parties
- Home and Decor
- Styled Shoots
- Detail Shoots (e.g. Invitations and Tabletops)
So if brides aren’t your thing, it’s still worth checking out.
Try It With 20% Off
Ready to start? Go here to start your trial at Two Bright Lights and start getting published now. They’re offering an exclusive discount to SmugMuggers, so try this code to get 20% off your first month’s membership: SMUGMUG20
Good luck and don’t forget to tell the world where they’ll see your photos next!