Home > business, Gifts, new features, release notes, Sales > WYSIWYG: SmugMug’s New Product Videos

WYSIWYG: SmugMug’s New Product Videos

At SmugMug, we have a 100% guarantee that covers ALL orders, no strings attached. If there’s a problem with your order for any reason whatsoever, we’ll fix it, replace it or refund it. We don’t care if it’s because you ordered the wrong size, printed a typo or if your dog ate the mailman.

But we know that shopping online gets scary when you can’t feel or touch the products that you (or your clients) are buying. To help you better visualize our goodies, we sprinkled some short, easy-to-digest product videos around our catalog, like this one:

See Before You Spree

You can poke around the different pages or take a look at specific examples like:

They’re great for showing your clients what to expect. So don’t be afraid to tell them about it, too.

Tip: View Everything We Sell

You can see everything we sell and the prices you pay as a pro, here:

Full catalog, with pricing: http://www.smugmug.com/prints/catalog/ABP

When your customers or visitors need to see the catalog, the links in our footer will show them only the products, not the prices. Here they are:

Our full catalog with both labs: http://www.smugmug.com/prints/catalog/AB
Catalog with just EZ Prints: http://www.smugmug.com/prints/catalog/A
Catalog with just Bay Photo: http://www.smugmug.com/prints/catalog/B

Happy shopping (and selling) this holiday season!

1. November 15, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Excellent. Now I have something to show potential clients when they ask, what’s that look like?

2. November 16, 2011 at 6:10 am

Thank you for this! Will be adding this page link to my site, and sharing in my social media circles!!

3. November 16, 2011 at 7:25 am

These are great! I’m just trying to figure out how to embed on the products page within my own site…..

Thanks for providing.

• November 16, 2011 at 2:45 pm

Hi Jill, if you watch the video to the end you’ll see a Share button. Click that and you can grab easy embed code that you can then copy and past into your site.

Hope this helps!

• November 16, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Schmoo, I know that. But what I want to do is embed in my SmugMug site, in the place where I have my product descriptions, where I “edit”. I love the video and want to add in that place.

I’m using IE9. I’ve tried all the embed options but don’t see the video.

Thanks for your help.

• November 16, 2011 at 6:50 pm

The Help desk said that my request is not possible. I was afraid of that. Maybe SmugMug would let us upload those videos to our own SmugMug site??

Thanks again.

• November 16, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Hi Jill, I took a look at the gallery and you’ll probably need to add HTML tags around the video embed code to make it show up in those caption fields. If that doesn’t work can you shoot our heroes an email? help@smugmug.com

4. November 16, 2011 at 7:58 am

Very nice. But how do you get it to show on our site?

• November 16, 2011 at 2:46 pm

Hi Joe, watch the video to the end and you’ll see a Share button. Click it and you can grab and copy the video embed code to place into your site.

• November 17, 2011 at 11:32 am

Hi again Joe, just FYI we hope to link the videos from the shopping cart, too, so your clients who are buying can get more info while they’re trying to decide.

• November 17, 2011 at 7:28 pm

This is a very good new feature. It will be even better if you can simplify it by adding it to the cart. Looking forward to the addition.
        Thanks

5. Tim
    November 16, 2011 at 10:38 am

I wish restaurants could show more photos or even videos of each menu item. I dislike guessing what the food will be like. Words don’t describe enough for me. Now, with smugmug I don’t have to buy samples of everything to know what I’m getting. But I do think a physical product to show clients is better than a video, if a meetup is possible.

• November 16, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Hi Tim, we hear ya! As Samir said below we have in the past had products featured and on display at our SMUGs meetings. If you haven’t been to one yet, look for yours here:

If not, it’s something you can talk to your leader about. That should at least give you some experience with our products so you can describe them to your clients.

6. November 16, 2011 at 12:01 pm

SM has Users Groups called SMUGs. See if there’s one in your area and then request that one of the meetings focus on this. Maybe they’ll do it

7. November 16, 2011 at 4:08 pm

You can also go to this gallery that has all the videos and share away like normal:

8. November 16, 2011 at 7:03 pm

schmoo :

Why not simply collect the video into that gallery? If collecting is enabled, that is.

9. November 16, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Jill Lang :
    Thanks again.

Try collecting them into the gallery. If it’s not enabled, I’d send a request to the helpdesk and see what they say.

10. November 16, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Okay, I’ve watched all the videos and love them!! Now I want to see the outtakes because I’m sure there were some funny moments in there.

The host actually has a twin around here. I’ll post a picture if I find one that I’ve taken.

11. November 28, 2011 at 7:29 pm

I really like the box framed print option.