Home > business, Sales, SmugMug > Over 2 Million Awesome Fans

Over 2 Million Awesome Fans

Holy moly, you guys rock!

In a single week after we debuted our free iPhone app, Camera Awesome, we blew right past 2 MILLION downloads.

(This means we averaged more than three downloads per second. And you’ve taken over 10 million photos with Camera Awesome. Wow!)

This review on AllThingsD sums it up.

The #1 Photo App in 55 Countries

We couldn’t do it without you – our friends and family and fans – who have cheered us on, fought for us, and gave us the smackdown when we deserved a good dose of reality.

Thank you to everyone who’s given our app a try. We hope that we’ve accomplished our goal: to make shooting and sharing your life easier and faster. More beautiful. More fun.

Here are some Awesomized pics you’ve been shooting:

It’s not our style to rest on our laurels, so we’ve got to get back to work making your photos look even more awesome here.

Talk soon,
The SmugMug Family

1. March 6, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Congratulations! I love it… now, when are you going to incorporate being able to click the shutter with the volume button? :)

• March 6, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Hi, we’ve had that built-in for a week, try it :D If you’re having trouble, give us a shout. http://help.smugmug.com thanks!

• March 6, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Currently this is only supported in iOS5, and for photo modes (not video). Hope this helps!

2. Gary
    March 6, 2012 at 1:51 pm

I downloaded on the first day available. Nice job!

(@Shad, the volume button works as the shutter for me.)

3. March 7, 2012 at 8:15 am

I think it is a great marketing idea, and has some neat actions for numerous looks.
    What about creating some free actions sets for download for your professional subscribers that use photoshop and adobe raw?
    Thanks!

• March 8, 2012 at 10:54 am

Hi Timothy, that’s a really great promotional idea. Thanks for the feedback!

4. petibear
    March 8, 2012 at 4:29 pm

would be great if other platforms were added too. personally hoping for windowsphone, would look great on future wp nokias with pureview

5. March 8, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Can’t wait to see this on Android!

6. March 9, 2012 at 1:53 pm

Hi Heroes,

Thanks you so much!

I Awesomized a photo of a letter that a boy named Scott sent to me after I recently presented at his intermediate school’s Career Day:

Your Awesomization helped me to make the point even more poignant.

Bob

• March 9, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Bob, what an incredible story and you just made us break out in goofy smiles. Thank you for sharing that with us… and for inspiring the next generation of photographers. :)

7. March 10, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Reblogged this on Pics 2 Click Media and commented:
    I can personally back up the Awesomeness of this application. It rocks the garden with features and clarity on the 4S.

• March 13, 2012 at 8:33 am

Thank you, Pete! We’re glad that you’re loving it.

8. March 13, 2012 at 8:31 am

Wow! I was trying to figure out why I suddenly had so many views, and come to realize one of my pics is shown above. The bridge shown in the 6th picture is the Ocean Springs – Biloxi Bay Bridge, in the fog after I ran it just two days after the app was released. I love this app!

• March 13, 2012 at 8:34 am

Hi Tim and thank you for giving us the deets about where it is. It sure is a beautiful view and your version of it is haunting. We’ve gotten lots of verbal comments about it. :) Keep on snappin’ on!

9. March 17, 2012 at 2:33 pm

So how about making the app for Android for us ProSmuggys that aren’t apple fan boys?!!

10. Brandon Lidgard
    April 2, 2012 at 2:51 pm

I’d love to get this app for my Android. It looks awesome!