Backups with a Click: Download All
Our heroes get questions every day asking about how to retrieve their original photos easily.
How do they work?
Once you request the download, we’ll smoosh that gallery’s photos, videos and SmugVault archives and hidden images (if you have any) into a compressed zip file. When it’s ready, we’ll email you a link to retrieve it.
Once you get the email, the download link is valid for two whole weeks so you (or anyone you share it with) can get it in that time.
FYI: The photos in the zip file are your Originals, not the smaller display copies you see in your galleries. See more about sizes.
Share Whole Galleries
Backups are a no-brainer. But here are some other ways Smuggers have been using their zip files:
- Share your memories with friends and family. Maximize the fun from that reunion, trip or when you tailgated the Superbowl.
- Thrill clients with every shot in the shoot. Perfect for pros who wrap the cost of digital downloads into their session pricing.
The sweet thing about these backup files is that you don’t need a password to grab the goodies. So forward the email and spread the love with a click.
Anything Else to Remember?
- It goes both ways: You – the owner – don’t need a password to download and open the zip file, but neither does anyone else. Be aware when you share the link, and be sure you’re OK sharing ALL the contents of that gallery.
- Most Macs and PCs have built-in compression utilities to unzip your file, but if want something new, try 7zip.com. We hear it’s a great option… and it’s free.
- If you upload more photos into the gallery, you’ll need to request a new backup file to be sure the new stuff gets zipped up, too.
Want to sell your downloads, instead? Pros should check out Gallery Downloads and set their own pricing for the whole shebang.
Have you been using Download All in other ways? Share your ideas here!