Home > business, photography, SmugMug > Hangout With Us and Learn the Secrets of Getting Published

Hangout With Us and Learn the Secrets of Getting Published

Have you heard about our friends over at Two Bright Lights? They’re the company that wants to see photographers like you get published in magazines and make your resume grow. They’re like your own personal publicity agent, getting your photos right onto the editor’s desk. All you do is gather a few images and they’ll do all the heavy lifting for you.

If you’ve ever wanted to see your images across the spread but didn’t know how to get started, Two Bright Lights is perfect for you.

Who, What and When

Join us on Google+ on Tuesday, October 9 at 8:00 ET, 7:00 CT, 6:00 MT and 5:00 PT.

You’ll get expert info about the wedding and publishing business from Shalyn Hockey, VP of Marketing and Strategy of Two Bright Lights, Jillian Clark of 100 Layer Cake and Summer Watkins of Grey Likes Weddings.

We’ll cover everything you’ll need to know to navigate the publishing industry, like:

• What NOT to do when submitting photos.
  • What types of photos editors really want to see.
  • Why being published is so important for your photography business.
  • How SmugMug gets you in front of the right editors in just three clicks.

Ready to make your business boom? Just RSVP here and we’ll save you a seat.

See you there!

—-

Missed the broadcast? Watch it anytime right here on YouTube.

1. October 8, 2012 at 9:03 am

This sounds wonderful! I do wish I could be with you. However I have a Lexington Chamber Chorale rehearsal for a concert this weekend. I do hope the event will be recorded for later listening. Is that the case?

• October 8, 2012 at 11:03 am

Hi John, good luck at rehearsal! We posted about our YouTube channel last week, and we’ll always be uploading our past Google+ hangouts there. So even if you can’t make it, you can catch up at your own time.

We’ll update our post with the link once we have it.

2. October 8, 2012 at 9:12 am

Interesting. Are you guys going to post a transcript for those of us that can’t make it?

3. We Capture The Moment...We Shoot! Anything,Anytime,Anywhere \WE BRAND YOU!!\
    October 8, 2012 at 11:21 am

were is the location?

4. Stephen Cameron
    October 8, 2012 at 3:51 pm

How exactly do we hook into this one ?? It sounds very interesting. Also, is this just about wedding shoots or would it take in the likes of “heavy industrial” photography or the likes of “Autumn Colours” etc…

5. October 9, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Rocky,
    I found this information helpful and I want to go back and listen to episode 1. Glad I found these. I will be listening in (with my mic muted) to more I’m sure.!! Thanks for putting these on I’m sure I will find many helpful as I’m just getting started in the Photography business.