Publish to Facebook: Now on the Loose
Did you know about our sweet Publish to Facebook feature? It’s a super-simple way to copy your (watermarked, if you’re a Portfolio or a Business Smugger) photos from your SmugMug gallery and export them into albums on Facebook. You say where, when and how. We do the rest.
For you die-hard SmugMug fans, you’ll notice that we’ve moved this feature out of beta. Now you’ll find it in your Share or Owner Share button by default.
Less work, more eyes (on your photos!)
The best part about Publish to Facebook is that you can share hundreds of photos with all of your friends and family and they don’t have to leave Facebook. And your images stay safe, because you determine the largest size that gets seen and your published photos include any SmugMug watermarks you’ve set on the original gallery.
How to do it:
- Open the gallery that contains the photos you want to share.
- Click Share > Publish to Facebook (or Owner Share if you’ve hidden this feature) and login to Facebook to authorize the connection.
- Select a Personal album or a Facebook Page album to share to, then a destination gallery.
- Choose the photos.
- Customize your image settings (image size, captions, link details)
- Click Publish. You’re done!
Of course, if you’re the type that likes to track your hits and keep your photos locked way down, you’ll probably want to keep posting your links directly to your Facebook stream instead. This way your photos never actually leave SmugMug’s domain, so you get the full range of tracking and image security: stats, right-click protection and all.
You can still use Get a Link, or just copy and paste the URL into your Facebook stream.
And a Few Good Tweaks
This feature used to live in our Darkroom, which meant you had to opt in on every browser just so you could use it. After a few more tweaks and polishes, we decided our baby is finally ready to leave the nest. We’re ecstatic to announce that it’s all grown up, ready and waiting for you in all of your SmugMug galleries.
- We also upped the export limit to 1000 photos (to match Facebook’s limit) and fixed a few things that used to choke big uploads in the past.
- You’ll also notice the ability to export at the X3 viewing size, so your Facebook friends can see your images big, juicy and bold… just the way your camera intended.
So don’t be shy — grab the camera and snap to your heart’s content. Your friends are waiting to see every hot cocoa mustache you’re sporting this season!
We bring you beautiful, personalized online galleries for yourself, your family, or your business. See how it works and stay in touch with us!
Links We Love
- Want to take your photography to the next level? Sign up for a new SmugMug account and get 40%off: smu.gs/1qKvOcV #BlackFriday 4 hours ago
- @dLindahlPhotos Hi David! You can earn credit by referring ur friends; the same time, entering to win cool prizes: smugmug.com/refer-a-friend 9 hours ago
- Must-have #BlackFridayDeals from our friends at @kelbyone @wearemacphun @clickinmoms and @SnapKnot smu.gs/12ab3eM 11 hours ago
- @chrisburkard Happy Thanksgiving! 14 hours ago
- @ThibaultROLAND Happy Thanksgiving, Thibault! 14 hours ago