Have you been to one of our SMUGs? Whether or not you have (or are planning to), the only thing you need to know is that FisheyeConnect is your key to finding out where and when the next event meets.
In fact, it’s the only way to be 100% sure that you know what’s going on and where all those great photos came from last weekend.
Don’t be left in the dark!
How does FisheyeConnect Work?
It’s easy: FisheyeConnect is a website devoted just to photographers and photography workshops, so you can be sure to find something that fires your strobe.
1) Visit their Advanced Search page.
2) Type “SMUG” into the Instructor or Company box. You can also plug in your zip code if you wish.
3) Browse the results and click to open details for the SMUG nearest you.
You can sign up for the specific workshops listed there, but these change each month as they plan great new stuff. Your best bet? Hit the orange “Subscribe” button to get all updates about future events they’re offering.
Will I get spammed?
But I’m already on Facebook!
We know that every SMUG has its own Facebook page, too, but while Facebook is a great place to spark discussions we think FisheyeConnect’s strengths lie in their ability to manage registration and head counts for SMUG events. Please use both!
FisheyeConnect is giving away a pile of photog-friendly goodies to one lucky winner in the USA who signs up to a FisheyeConnect SMUG group from January 21st to February 21st, 2013.
Here’s the complete list of prizes:
- A SmugMug Business account for 1 year
- 250 dotcredits at ShootDotEdit
- Rogue Flash Gel Color Correction Kit from ExpoImaging, Inc.
- Digital Photographer’s Complete Kit from PhotoshopCAFE
- $250 gift card from Adorama
- Browse the list of SMUGs on FisheyeConnect.
- Subscribe to your local SMUG so you can be notified of future events.
- That’s it!
No SMUG near you? Just sign up for our virtual SMUGs mailing list and you’ll get entered into the pool, too.
We’ll pick one lucky random winner on February 22nd, 2013 so keep your eyes peeled here, on our SMUGs blog and on your SMUG’s Facebook page.
Good luck and stay sharp, stay focused!