New Bay Photo Products to Buy and Sell
Great news for people who love holding beautiful photos in their hands: We’re adding more print products to our catalogs, starting with Bay Photo.
On April 26, 2013, we’ll be adding loads of new stuff to your Bay Photo catalog and make some price changes that we hope you’ll love. We’re giving you seven days’ notice so that you have plenty of time to study the list and make any adjustments you’d like to your pro pricing.
So read on for all the details and be ready to sell more goodies!
So, What’s New?
ThinWraps and MetalPrints have long been some of your favorite ways to display your photos, but for the longest time SmugMug offered only one finish for each. So we’re thrilled to announce three new variations:
- ThinWraps now available in Lustre Satin and Canvas Satin finishes, in addition to our existing Metallic Satin finish.
- MetalPrints now available in Satin finish, in addition to the Glossy finish we already offer.
We’ve added a ton of new print sizes, 40 in all. The complete list is included at the end of this post.
And there are some important changes in the Bay Photo base print costs:
- Pricing on 114 items are now a bit higher, BUT……
- We’ve dropped the pricing on 386 different items.
For math lovers, that’s a mean price change of a $4.89 decrease. The median price change is a $2.47 decrease.
We hope to add lots more new Bay products to your SmugMug catalog soon, so let us know what items you’d love to see.
What do I need to do on April 26th?
Your Bay Photo Pricelists will automatically adjust to reflect the above changes, but remember that the new items won’t be visible to your clients until you add them to your Pricelists.
All price changes will depend on whether you price by profit, price or use rounding:
- If you’re a pro who sets your Pricelists by the price displayed, we highly recommend that you give your pricing a once-over to be sure that you’re happy with the amount of profit you’ll earn.
- If your pricing is set by Profit, you won’t see any impact to your take-home pay but the displayed price on your site may change especially if you don’t use rounding. You may want to update any printed materials that show your prices.
As always, if you use our Coupons feature, double check those to be sure that you won’t get any surprises to your profits on your next sale.
How do I check my prices?
Click on each Pricelist and be sure that all of the numbers under the “Profit” column are to your taste, and add in any of the new print sizes that you’d like to offer.
Don’t forget to save your changes!
Will there be updates to EZ Prints, WHCC or Loxley Colour’s catalogs?
In due time, yes! As we stated above, we’re starting with Bay Photo first, but you’ll see new products from our other labs as we get the details worked out.
The ability to more easily add new print products to our catalogs was one of the biggest reasons why we urged pros like you to migrate your pricing over to Pricelists. We hope that you’ll agree that it was worth the change.
Here’s the complete list of all the new print sizes you’ll be able to offer, sized in inches:
What is SmugMug?
A beautiful and safe place for all your photos. We offer stunning photo websites for you, your family or your business. See how it works and stay in touch online!
- The SmugMug family is kicking it in Oregon for a week of work-play. Dang, this place is beautiful.… instagram.com/p/rADii0l-ih/ 13 hours ago
- Photographer @jaredplatt explains how to use @SmugMug & @Lightroom together to make photo magic: bit.ly/1tUZC3Z (via @Animoto) 15 hours ago
- @BabetteKD Sorry, not at this time! 16 hours ago
- @andrew_rock Hi Andrew, we're happy to take look to make sure it went through okay. Can you email help[at]smugmug[dot]com? 16 hours ago
- @redbardes Hi Red, we made updates to our IOS browsing app that we hope will make viewing your images a lot easier! 16 hours ago