Home > business, Current Events > Are You Prepared to Photograph Same-Sex Couples?

Are You Prepared to Photograph Same-Sex Couples?

**UPDATE** For those of you who missed this webinar the first time around, you’re in luck. We’re trying a new day and time, rebroadcasting with Kathryn and Thea once more so you can hear their tips and ask your questions. Join us on Friday!

Friday, July 19, 2013
3:00 PM ET, 2:00 PM CT, 1:00 PM MT and Noon PT.

A few months ago we spoke with two amazing authors in a SmugMug podcast, Kathryn Hamm and Thea Dodds. Their book, Capturing Love: The Art of Lesbian & Gay Wedding Photography, was in the final stages of publication and we were thrilled that someone was finally addressing the issue of photographing same-sex couples.

Since then, their book has found astounding success. They’ve gotten so much feedback about the book that we knew that there was still much more to be discussed about this important topic and how it affects you, the photographer.

Lesbian and Gay Wedding Photography, the Online Edition

Writing Capturing Love

Kathryn and Thea hard at work. Photo by Authentic Eye Photography.

We’re welcoming Kathryn and Thea back to our educational program in this month’s SmugMug webinar! Join us on Thursday, June 27th, 2013, to hear more about the very real challenges you’ll face when photographing same-sex engagements and weddings, what you need to know to be taking on same-sex couples as clients, and how the field is rapidly changing every day.

Thursday, June 27, 2013
8:00 PM ET
Duration: 1.5 hours
Register now!

The Art of Same-Sex Engagement and Wedding Photography

Despite the growing number of same-sex weddings in the US, portrait photography remains largely limited to working with heterosexual couples. The time has come for photographers to understand that not all engagement and wedding photos are made the same.

Now that marriage equality is recognized in twelve states and the District of Columbia, professional photographers should be asking: What does it take to be a successful pro in the same-sex market, and are you prepared to pose a same-sex couple in a way that properly communicates a message of love and intimacy? What more do you need to know to communicate that preparedness to prospective clients who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LBGT)?

Join the authors of the groundbreaking new book, Capturing Love: The Art of Lesbian & Gay Wedding Photography (which was recently featured in the June issue of Rangefinder Magazine), for this essential skill-based webinar about best practices for photographing same-sex couples in a rapidly shifting legal landscape. Though an advance purchase and review of Capturing Love is not required for this seminar, it is recommended to support the discussion. Buy the book here.

Love at sunset

Photo by Tammy Watson Photography.

Win Free Stuff, Too

As an added bonus, our fabulous print labs will be donating great prizes to three lucky people who join this webinar! Here’s what we’ll be giving away:

• One 11X14 ThinWrap from Bay Photo
  • One 20×30 Metal Print from WHCC
  • 50% off any one item from EZ Prints
  • $50 subscription credit from SmugMug

We’re heading full-tilt into wedding season and we hope that whether you’re a bride, groom, family, friend, event planner or the photographer, that your summer will be full of joy.

See you online!

Photo by Maggie Winters Photography.

1. June 19, 2013 at 7:40 am

No offence intended ..BUT some of us do not like this ,me included , and we are entitled to an opinion although it doesn`t seem so!! couldn`t really care less about what people get up to again, BUT it seems to be rammed down our throats…I wouldn`t and couldn`t photograph same -sex couples..doesn`t make me intolerant or homophobic …can`t say much more because of all the loons…and I`m also not a racist..

• Terri
      June 20, 2013 at 6:14 pm

I agree with you totally

• Holger
      June 24, 2013 at 11:46 pm

“I wouldn`t and couldn`t photograph same -sex couples..doesn`t make me intolerant or homophobic”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yes it does!

• June 25, 2013 at 1:33 am

ok then…

• Sherwood
        July 18, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Absolutely that makes you both homophobic and intolerant… the next generation is looking at you no different then we would look at a racist from the south… ignorant and hateful.

• July 21, 2013 at 11:20 am

,do I care ..NO! what.? you think you can insult me for being right…Strewth you have the same boring arguments..”racism from the South” you pillock I don`t even live in your country….YOU! are the ignorant one who has no fresh ideas and follow the rest like sheep….baaa baaa…:)

• July 21, 2013 at 11:23 am

oh by the way we had the argument weeks ago!!
          and I won the argument….. forget it…your too late and your comments are worthless…baaaaa baaaaa…..

• Tim
      June 26, 2013 at 10:33 am

You are entitled to your opinion, but that opinion just happens to make you an asshole. And opinion which I am also entitled to.

• Tim
      June 26, 2013 at 10:35 am

Not to mention in many parts of the country it would be illegal to turn down a client because of their sexual orientation.

If you want to have discriminatory business practices in this country, you better stick to the former Confederacy where that is still legal.

• June 26, 2013 at 10:51 am

WTF ,where did you get “hetero normative posing” you mean Heteronormativity…another weirdo…so glad you think your straight..lol if we are all the same and all normal there is no need…I said the weirdo`s would reply to this post…and clever dicks of course……

• June 26, 2013 at 10:58 am

“BUT it seems to be rammed down our throats”

You were frog-marched in handcuffs by armed guards to your computer, and forced to read this article at gunpoint?

• Tim
        June 26, 2013 at 11:05 am

You can’t use logic to reason with these people.

• June 26, 2013 at 11:17 am

No it`s just everywhere these days, and it distorts a real view of life…I guess your another follower who has no opinion but their own! and follows the latest trend like a sheep ,mind you I suppose I would be confused !! used to be a bride and groom ,now it`s a bride and bride, oh yes scope for over exposure there on the old wedding dresses, and groom and groom…marvellous! in the best sarcasm …I can see it now…lol

• Tim
        June 26, 2013 at 11:43 am

Of course I have no opinion other than my own. That would be possible.

You are entitled to you opinion, but I disagree with it.

• June 26, 2013 at 11:54 am

Tim ,your website great ,are you a bigot ?? oh only I see lovely ladies and lovely men ….TOGETHER….think maybe before you post …

2. June 19, 2013 at 12:31 pm

What he said…… really? This is such a small percentage of the population, why are you even writing a blog post about this? Everyone is entitled to do what they want sexually, but for most of the population, this is very offensive. I am now re considering whether I should renew with you or not.

• June 20, 2013 at 2:59 am

Wow ,someone who agrees with me at last…I am re-considering my renewal as well..why does SMUGMUG follow the rest like sheep?

• June 20, 2013 at 3:01 am

Oh and also …why post this? if these people are the “same as us” what is the difference? er none I hear you say, well obviously not!! are you going to tell us how to photograph “black ” couples?? of course not….

• Tim
      June 26, 2013 at 10:36 am

For most of the population? Where do you live? The majority of American’s support same sex marriage, and even most of the ones that do not are not offended by it.

For most people this is about as offensive as interracial marriage, and yes a minority of people are still offended by that.

3. June 19, 2013 at 2:01 pm

I’m not sure why the question is even being posed; especially is a context which makes it seem mandatory that one take steps to be prepared.

• June 19, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Hi and thanks for commenting. Our goal is to create educational material that helps photographers of all varieties take better photos and create a better market for their clients. With this webinar, we aim to create a space where photographers who are interested in learning about the sensitivities and considerations that come with same-sex clients can get the information they need.

4. June 19, 2013 at 5:03 pm

I’m a wildlife photographer and if I was doing weddings I wouldn’t do same sex weddings and I don’t appreciate smugmug spotlighting the subject.

• June 20, 2013 at 3:04 am

Thanks George…exactly…in all this new equality are we not all the same?? lets have a blog on photographing a fat bride and a thin groom or the other way round!! RIDICULOUS..

5. Lindal
    June 19, 2013 at 6:41 pm

Good for you, Smugmug! Thanks for recognizing that the world is changing and that same-sex couples deserve the same care and consideration as everyone else. I’d proudly photograph my gay friends’ ceremonies, in fact, I’d be honored to do so, and to wish them their own “Happily ever after.”

• June 20, 2013 at 3:02 am

the world is not changing!! don`t be fooled for a minute…..and why should we change???

6. June 19, 2013 at 6:56 pm

I am gay photographer and I am proud to read the blog for the first time and see that smugsmug recognizes same sex couples. Most of my clientele is heterosexual but I cater the community as well. again THANKS!!

7. June 19, 2013 at 8:39 pm

I doubt gay couples have had a real issue with finding a photographer or any other wedding service, for that matter. If a pro chooses NOT to provide this service due to personal values, faith, or any other reason, the gay demographic should not be able to use the courts to penalize the pro.
    If gay couples insist their values or world view be accepted by everyone else, I feel they should return the same consideration.

• Tim
      June 26, 2013 at 10:39 am

I disagree. Many states have anti discrimination laws that protect LGBT people. Regardless of your religious beliefs, as a public accommodation, you do not have a legal right to discriminate based on sexual orientation. If you cannot accommodate the public, you do not deserve to be in business.

• June 26, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Tim what qualifies you to say who should be in business and who should no\t? For me as a businessman the solution is simpleI would never turn down a couple because they are gay….But I might find my schedule full for the wedding date…..or it might be my vacation week or any one of thousands of potential “reasons why I can’t As for state anti discrimination laws…do they apply to Christians too? Even our President called us gun carrying, bible toting crazies. I have to concede..I carry both.

• Tim
        June 27, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Yes. Federal anti discrimination laws prevent a business from discriminated based on race, gender, religion, national origin, etc… but as of now do not include discrimination protections for sexual orientation or identity.

Roughly 30 states have laws that ban discrimination based on sexual orientation in public accommodations. Photographers are considered a public accommodation in all of these states. It basically includes the entire country except for the plains and the former confederacy.

8. Bentley
    June 20, 2013 at 12:46 pm

I’m glad I’m not the only one disappointed in seeing this. As a long time customer I’ve been on the fence about renewing, and this might just do it for me. Gay, straight, I don’t care. Do what you want to do….but we’ve been promised upgrades, and this is what you are focusing on?

• Tim
      June 26, 2013 at 10:59 am

Awesome! Fewer bigots on smugmug will make the community a better place. Happy to see you leave. Bon voyage!

• June 26, 2013 at 11:19 am

Happy to be , there are still a few of us …still here ..lol…brave were you not me having said I wound`t read it …what a plonker……

• June 26, 2013 at 11:22 am

I`ll be the one person who will speak out against this rubbish..and desperate people who have no mind of their own..to have an opinion that isn`t in a newspaper….cowards to disagree with anything…..

• Bentley
        June 27, 2013 at 10:45 am

I’m a bigot for expressing my opinion? I’m a bigot for believing that a service I pay for should focus on the service I pay for? I’m sorry Tim. You are the only one allowed to express his opinion from now on. Please proceed to enlighten us as to how the world should be run.

• Tim
        June 27, 2013 at 12:49 pm

Yes. You are a bigot for expressing bigoted opinions.

I never said you were not allowed to be a bigot. The 1st Amendment protects bigoted speech. And you are perfectly entitled to state your opinion.

It works both ways in a free country. You are entitled to express your opinion, and I am entitled to express my revulsion towards it.

• Bentley
        June 27, 2013 at 1:47 pm

And you obviously missed the point of my post. Maybe learn how to read before calling people names.

9. Holger
    June 20, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Not sure what the fuss is all about. The mere fact there is so much (negative) comment about this from the forum indicates a sensitivity (and I suspect more) around the subject.

The sad thing is that this is a learned behaviour / thought pattern. People generally do not choose their sexual preferences – it comes naturally, and has for many centuries.

• June 21, 2013 at 1:10 am

OMG , told you the loons would be on, we are entitled not to like this post !! oh and I doubt many people would agree that it is “learned” that is weird….AND the photo two guys holding hands against a bright background ,fantastic ..BUT don’t need any special skills or ” awareness” it`s two people ,gay straight black white brown muslim Christian, DONT shove it down our throats to be ! IN” it`s actually quite sad…..

10. Holger
    June 21, 2013 at 7:47 am

Nobody is doing any shoving – feel free to spend your time elsewhere.

• June 21, 2013 at 9:18 am

you shove off with this post behind a rock…typical you can`t win an argument so get nasty…you are a minority…deal with it..

11. June 21, 2013 at 5:12 pm

If you want your picture taken, I want to take your picture.

12. Holger
    June 23, 2013 at 11:43 pm

What argument?

But I have seen your reaction several times. Coming from South Africa it is very prevalent amongst the racist amongst us, and the elitist, and supremacists, and….

• June 24, 2013 at 3:40 am

here we go ,just because I don’t like something does not mean I am a racist etc!! bloody hell I just don’t like it …I will go on not liking things …its people like you that think you are the only person in the world and what you think is right well it isn’t…..that is the only argument you have for what is WRONG …..BYE BYE…

13. Holger
    June 24, 2013 at 4:53 am

I think it is people like yourselves who do not provide others space and freedom to life their lives in peace. So in effect you are expressing exactly what you are accusing me of.

Frankly I do not care for what you like or not.

But why do you feel that you have to judge and impose on others? Life is short and hard enough for everyone, why make it worse just because you happen to be different to some group or person. That is the core of the issue here.

14. June 24, 2013 at 3:04 pm

truck-uk.com :

Well you are offensive. And intolerant. And homophobic. That’s how you come across in my opinion. No one cares that you wouldn’t photograph a homosexual couple, yet here you are with your outrage and hyperbole making a nothing statement – ABOUT A BLOG POST. You would only care if you had a problem with homosexuality. And then you go on to express the same sentiment in reply to every other comment on this blog just in case we missed your homophobic comments in the first place. You’re a stain on humanity – go away.

The fact is, homosexuality isn’t accepted by everyone (thanks for ably demonstrating that) and LGBT couples I’ve photographed and know tend to be slightly more sensitive about how they are portrayed – precisely because of attitude of bigoted moral high-ground individuals. They may show their love the same as a heterosexual couple in private, but when public displays of affection garner the type of disgusted reaction you demonstrate, there’s no wonder a photographer’s techniques need to be changed. It’s all about knowing your subject, and you’re obviously not photographer enough to manage that.

Will happily and gaily photograph same-sex couples and transgendered couples anywhere in the world and in the face of any and all prejudice.

Thanks for the article Smugmug – keep being relevant!

• June 25, 2013 at 1:22 am

Totally irrelevant, and your opinion is stupid as I previously said..i f we are all the same and not different then there is no need for blogs like this ,which is what you would have us believe , happy to be offensive to insignificant ,er whatever you are…!all I wanted was to ably demonstrate as you say that far more people dislike this than like it ..SO LUMP IT!! and as I told you the insults come out from you because you cant win the argument…LMFAO…
      oh and I`m a better photgrapher than you will ever be ,although I couldn`t care less ,and I bet youcant leave this post alone without any more insults ….

• July 1, 2013 at 9:39 am

Umm, it is relevant because it’s relevant to the business I’m in and the photos I get paid to take. Sounds like it isn’t relevant to you and that’s ok, but why come on here bitching? That is what a troll does, and unfortunately I’m biting.

I don’t see that there is an argument (the fictitious one you keep harping on about) – it’s like me complaining on a blog post about taking snapshot pictures of cars and trucks.

And I did laugh at your infantile “my penis is bigger than yours so I’m a better photographer” trope. Seriously, you take the kind of shots I took at car shows as a kid, but I guess you have to start somewhere!

Now, stop wasting your precious time here – the world needs you out there with your point and shoot! Can’t wait for the results!

• July 1, 2013 at 12:25 pm

glad a “cretin” taught you how to behave , oh and my shots show me better of cars that are NOT professional…..glad I was on here as I have put a few people such as yourself back on the right track to stop following like sheep and have a mind of their own…I have got beter things to do …but having you trying to insult me has been really fun …

• July 1, 2013 at 12:42 pm

GJR unlike you I have never said I am anything other than a snapshot man, whereas you reckon you are with your fancy hetro sexual wedding website ,so you have to take the criticism that your site is anti gay and anti black…as there a no photos of such AND in reply to this blog that you have no problem with the book or blog ,so I just say you are hypocritical and a closet racist which to me is the worst sort…….you seem to go along with all the change and yet,,YOU DO NOT CHANGE…i am the real man…..

• July 1, 2013 at 4:27 pm

truck-uk.com :
            oh yes told you that the best you can do ,,so i I was RIGHT as you are going to change so I have achieved something at least and proved my point THANKS!…oh and I don`t need money….and I could do better than you if I was bothered,,LMFAO

It would seem you can’t even read. Let me spell it out – There are pictures of gays, lesbians, transgendered people on my website that have paid me to photograph them. You fear them, yet wouldn’t know if you were standing right next to one. I am going to change by taking more direct, rather than indirect, advantage of an underserved market. You may notice that I don’t use any gender nor ethnic distinctions in my website language (what little there is) anyway so your point is moot – I photograph whoever wants to pay me to photograph them, however they find out about me.

• July 2, 2013 at 2:03 am

can`t have any fear for what`s right!

• June 25, 2013 at 3:04 pm

I don’t know who you are and frankly don’t care but I’m not interesting in photographing homosexuals. That’s my right to do that. I am paying $300 a year for a site where I can display my work and sell whatever I can. I am not here and I am NOT paying to solve social issues, whether I agree with them or not. Any problem with MY rights?

• June 26, 2013 at 3:56 am

Well said George Goff…

• Tim
        June 26, 2013 at 10:40 am

Maybe in the former confederacy, but in the rest of the country, that is not your right. You cannot deny your services based on orientation any more than you can deny your services based on race in most states.

• July 1, 2013 at 9:17 am

No problem with your rights George. This blog isn’t about solving social issues – it’s about knowing your subject as all good photographers seek to do. So what if there’s a topic about photographic homosexual couples? It is a cogent subject for many photographers. I wouldn’t even think to post an criticize a blog post that for example focused on landscapes or HDR (subjects I’m not really interested in exploring).

15. Holger
    June 25, 2013 at 3:31 am

truck-uk.com :

Logic fail in many instances.

dear Truck,

With some minor adjustments to your thinking you will be able to make remarkable changes to your life and happiness levels. And the people around you, no doubt.

I really wish that I had the ability to give you this insight by using words only. Sadly this is not within my capability.

• June 25, 2013 at 4:21 am

yes not within your capability as you are short sighted and a follower without your own mindset, ,I am happy I don’t want or need to change ,that`s just your small mind ,as I said you can only see your side of things which is sad..and quite funny…think we need a study on how to photgraph ..say Chinese people as I believe they have small eyes so must be really hard to photograph! and oh fat people as a lot of reflections to deal with ..YES RIDICULOUS ! JUST DON`T LIKE THIS BLOG AND YOUR COMMENTS…..pmsl..

16. Holger
    June 25, 2013 at 4:40 am

You sound very happy and content.

• June 25, 2013 at 6:53 am

oh yes …..sarcasm the lowest form of wit….as to be expected…

17. Holger
    June 25, 2013 at 11:50 pm

No wit intended, so perhaps irony is more applicable?

Question: When a moron and wise person debate a matter, who learns the most?

• June 26, 2013 at 3:34 am

me! here you go you think your a moron as well..

18. Holger
    June 26, 2013 at 5:15 am

In that case, let me teach you some more:

a) in your sentence the word “your” should be “you are” or “you’re”
    b) Question: Which worse 1) Patriotism 2) Nuclear bombs

PS: Your response is quite apt for a site called SMUGmug

• June 26, 2013 at 6:59 am

Scraping the barrel ,for insults , tough when you don`t know your beaten …insulting SMUGMUG now as well…you are really stupid..how`s that! don’t bother replying as I`m not going to bother with you anymore…or this post I have better things to do.i might go and photograph a wedding…lol….

• June 26, 2013 at 11:14 am

Mr Gothard is simply trolling you Holger.

Since his country has already allowed same sex civil unions (and soon marriage), he has decided to don his redcoat, grab his keyboard musket, and re-invade the American colonies via this message board. God save the Queen!

I would suggest that he go back to photographing his trucks, and leave us in peace.

• June 26, 2013 at 11:27 am

Another who can`t win the argument, I`ll be whatever you want ,I will not have this rubbish put out without answering for the “other” side…can`t take the truth …how clever to look me up, no funny names for me though ….good and honest….and me!!

• June 26, 2013 at 11:30 am

By the way I hate the queen and all the scroungers that go with her..total waste of time and space.and money..i am actually more tolerant to anything but them but that`s foranother Forum….HA HA HA.so you are not right there either …..

• June 26, 2013 at 11:34 am

oh Christian ,might be well to go and learn how to take photographs ! you need it…

• June 26, 2013 at 11:51 am

AND YOU CHRISTIAN.on your “business” website where are your photos of gay and lesbian couples?? like Tim..Hypocrite!! put up or shut up…..all your comments on how it`s great and acceptable ..go on then ….PLEEEESE….

19. Tim
    June 26, 2013 at 10:42 am

Great post, and I have a copy of the above mentioned book. It is actually a fantastic read especially for straight photographers like myself that are so accustomed to hetero normative posing.

I wish this book was available when I photographed my first gay wedding several years ago. I struggled with finding poses for two men that did not include typical masculine/feminine dynamics that I was used to.

20. June 26, 2013 at 11:43 am

To Tim…Beautiful ladies ,beautiful men , where are beautiful lady couples and beautiful men couples …and you call me a bigot….I won I won…I win I win

21. June 26, 2013 at 11:46 am

Right now shut up or put up Tim!!! put a gay couple photograph (men or women) on the front page of your “business” website…..

22. June 26, 2013 at 11:59 am

GJR PHOGRAPHY…as well!!!! really funny isn`t it…comments about how to be tolerant ,I see another bigot who only has baby /children/and men and women couple photos on his pages …phew…can`t believe it ….and he has the nerve to criticize me….we are all equal where are his gay and lesbian phots ..I`LL TELLYOU NO BLOODY WHERE….

• July 1, 2013 at 10:12 am

Appearances can be deceiving – you see, you can’t always tell by looking at people and how they look and dress and decide whether they are gay, straight, transgendered. So you’re already wrong about my site. Anyway, my website does not represent the entirety of the work I’ve done and do and I have galleries which are unpublished at the request of my clients.

Fortunately with the recent law changes here, I have already shot same-sex engagements and have weddings coming up. Looking forward to being paid handsomely for my trips to Mexico/Iceland next year :)

And please, look up the meaning of the word bigot. Just because someone makes a living from photography doesn’t automatically mean they get LGBT clients, and not having any *obvious* shots on a website does not mean you’re a bigot you cretin. However, your bigotry has shown me that indeed I do need to advertise and appeal to this market more than I do currently (through word of mouth by my family members and friends who are homosexual). I look forward to making a lot more money from this niche market :) Enjoy making the same from your truck snapshots!

• July 1, 2013 at 12:19 pm

23. Tim
    June 26, 2013 at 12:01 pm

The reason they are not on my front page is because they are over a year old.

I am not worried about losing business. I wouldn’t want the business from people that would be offended by an image of a same sex couple.

24. Tim
    June 26, 2013 at 12:03 pm

I posted links, but they are in moderation.

25. June 26, 2013 at 12:04 pm

Three! yes three! racist websites for photography ON THIS VERY PAGE .that only have white ,hetro sexual couples on their pages !! it` s terrible …is their anything wrong with same sex couple photography I ask???

26. Tim
    June 26, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Are you having a stroke? Seriously. I don’t mean that as an insult, but your increasingly garbled typing is one of the tell tale signs of a stroke.

27. Tim
    June 26, 2013 at 12:09 pm

And I am pretty sure I have photos of people of various ethnicities on my site too.

• June 26, 2013 at 12:19 pm

I don`t pretend to be a professional ,I only take photos as a hobby as they are not good enough to be professional , but I still have an opinion ….I would even go so far as to say it`s pathetic to be a stalwart of something then not follow it through ..what`s the point?? by the way Tim I have added your site to my favourites and will be keeping an eye on your super photos…..xx

• June 26, 2013 at 12:21 pm

please send flowers or donations to… THE RED CROSS..

28. June 26, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Three ! yes three Homophobic websites for photography ON THIS VERY PAGE..that only have photos of hetro sexual couples ie men and women…on their pages!! it`s terrible ,is there anything wrong with photos of same sex couples or gay and lesbians….?

29. June 26, 2013 at 12:10 pm

why are you a dotor now..just trying to make the point i

30. June 26, 2013 at 12:12 pm

oops ..trying to make the point ..as I said earlier you have no real argument so you put me down…are you a doctor now ?? as well as a photographer of same sex couples??

31. June 26, 2013 at 12:14 pm

truth hurts so they say….

32. Tim
    June 26, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Everyone should learn to recognize the signs of a stroke

• June 26, 2013 at 12:20 pm

oh yessss…arrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggg goodbye

33. Tim
    June 26, 2013 at 1:28 pm

truck-uk.com :

I would honestly prefer that you didn’t.

34. Tim
    June 26, 2013 at 1:28 pm

I have to wonder if these are really the typed of photographers that smugmug wants to represent.

35. Holger
    June 26, 2013 at 11:39 pm

Lovely

Tim :
    They are on my site.

Lovely images- and my comment is not limited to only the ones in your links.

• June 27, 2013 at 9:31 am

not easy to find ..Tim…??? ok with a link though///lol

36. Holger
    June 26, 2013 at 11:49 pm

truck-uk.com :

You are merely exposing your character (or rather lack of) with your vitriol. You have not contributed anything worthwhile to this conversation. Correctly assessed by Christian above as only an exercise in trolling. Perhaps you should Google the term, and also what type of personalities do such things.

I wish you the experience of photographing a wedding – that way you might grow a little. But I dread on behalf of the couple. So perhaps it is better for all that you don’t. Consider accepting an assignment as a back-up photog.

• June 27, 2013 at 2:38 am

as i said cowards as this blog was only for the book.don`t like that someone does not like it ,which is typical…and same old same old…

37. June 27, 2013 at 2:43 am

I am ok with my character because I`m great and right…I have contributed in telling the world the three people who threw insults at me DARE NOT! put photographs of same sex couples on their business websites…and yet they agree and want to photograph same sex couples ..as I said the weirdo`s are the one`s who get all twisted…and they are all closet racists as they have lovely WHITE pretty people -hetro on ALL of their websites…..NICE!!

38. Holger
    June 27, 2013 at 3:43 am

Please read your posts and determine who felt justified to submit the first and most insults.

I doubt that there is anything weird about taking memorable photo’s of any people – regardless of their sexual orientation or love interest. You are the weird person who deems it fit to impose your view on anything that dares to be different from you. Well wake up – the world is full of diversity, and I celebrate it often. For without this we would be dull and bored.

And if it was not for people who have the courage to think and act differently and to invent different things we would still be stuck in the stone ages. But thankfully there are people who invented things like cameras and autofocus, wheels etc. So in diversity there is power and options. This is good.

You just think you are great. Ignorance is bliss.

• June 27, 2013 at 4:46 am

BLAH BLAH BLAH..Don’t want to be different ,just right …which I am, do you think an opinion from such as you who says but does not do! bothers me…..i have the courage to say what I believe and not follow the rest.you are still at the insults…we were talking about this post and you go off on to the troubles of the world when you have no answers…well glad you agree you are ignorant .well said..at least you know…

39. Annette Nieves
    June 27, 2013 at 4:07 am

Im totally for Equality.. I would not have a problem capturing memories of any gay , lesbian, straight couple. For those who are close minded ..move over because you will get run over welcome to the 21 Century

40. June 27, 2013 at 4:50 am

OK Annette ,we have moved on , so why no photos on these three guys business websites of gay and lesbian couples getting married or what ever …??is there something wrong with them or maybe we have not changed as much as some people think?? perhaps it`s the “close-minded” people of this world that would have a problem with it….as much as change has come………..I got it you don`t got it….

41. Tim
    June 27, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Bentley :

Yes. You are a bigot for expressing bigoted opinions. That is how it works.

• Bentley
      June 27, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Speaking of how things work, do you not know how blog replies work? You replied above, then quoted me here and replied again. I know technology can be tricky sometimes. But it can be your friend when used correctly. Regarding my post, nothing about it was bigoted. Work on your comprehension skills then get back to me.

• July 1, 2013 at 12:14 pm

oh yeh great stuff Tim,,BUT no gays, ?? shouldn`t be allowed…..especially from a person that sees no problems…..lol who is a racist??what is a racist??

• July 1, 2013 at 4:31 pm

You are a babbling moron – butchering the English language and internet etiquette. This is a site for professionals – go play on Flickr where people might care about your train-spotter-esque obsession with car snapshots.

• July 2, 2013 at 2:01 am

it`s not actually…it`s a site for anyone ,and you are insulting them now…:) in your desperate arrogance insulting everyone on Flickr! as well , oh dear shows what a nasty person you are even I wouldn`t do that…as I said saddo, on photgraphing your lesbian wedding?? would it be the one where one of the “ladies ” dresses as a man to make the wedding more “hetero normal” if it wasn`t sad it would be funny……I`m pissing myself…goodbye mister better than anyone else….some soul searching required……….

• July 2, 2013 at 2:29 am

GJR ,now don’t forget to tell all your friends gay or not ,about how you feel about people who post on here and Flickr….that`s millions of people who take photos of trains and cars etc!!…

• July 1, 2013 at 12:15 pm

hate hypocrites and cowards…

• Tim
      July 19, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Thank you.

42. July 1, 2013 at 12:29 pm

oh and the comment I have family and friends that are homosexual…..how bleedin pathetic is that I would be a bit worried by that statement does that make you some kind of superhero…..saddo……and so would your business worry and suffer if you really came out with that as well you and yours bloody well know…..lol

• July 1, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Pure “?” is all I can think reading that garbled writing.

43. July 2, 2013 at 2:30 am

I WIN AGAIN…..there is a song there somewhere……

44. Holger
    July 2, 2013 at 3:58 am

Dea

truck-uk.com :
    I WIN AGAIN…..there is a song there somewhere……

Dear trucker

You are so keen to win the “argument” that you are totally oblivious to what is actually happening. I suspect your life is like that, hence you high levels of frustration etc.

Pity you will not open your mind.

I expect another bout of insults and self-aggrandising idiocy.

This is likely to be my last post to you. Good luck.

• July 2, 2013 at 4:46 am

no need for any more insults I proved my point AND won the argument …oh yes Goodbye..i won`t open my mind to what is wrong only what`s right….