Home > photography, release notes > Sale! Camera Awesome Bundle for Under a Buck

Sale! Camera Awesome Bundle for Under a Buck

Camera Awesome for iPhoneHey there, Camera Awesome lovers!

For the first time since launch, we’re offering a huge sale on our world-famous iPhone app: Normally $.99 per set, $3.99 per category or $9.99 for the whole shebang, but we’re slashing prices on the complete bundle of filters and presets. For one week only, you get everything in Camera Awesome for just $0.99.

We’ll say that again: From today (Tuesday, September 3rd, 2013) through Monday, September 9, 2013, it costs just $0.99 to get every single item in Camera Awesome.

For those of you who missed it before, that’s a total of 262,143 possible artistic combinations. How many photos have you snapped lately?

Discounts are automagically applied when you purchase the bundle in-app, so there’s no reason to wait.

New to Camera Awesome?

If you’ve lived under a rock for the last year, you may not have heard that SmugMug’s powerful iPhone and iPad photo app is called Camera Awesome. Ranked #1 Photography App in 55 countries and #1 overall app in 10 countries, it’s completely free and includes cam-tacular compositional tools, filters and presets.

You can start shooting instantly (photos and videos), edit your work and share direct to your favorite social sites like Facebook, Instagram and SmugMug.

For more info, take a look at our official Camera Awesome page, and visit our help pages for a closer look. And you can skip right the good part and download Camera Awesome from iTunes now.

Happy Awesomizing!

1. September 3, 2013 at 9:43 am

It would be amazing . . . if the Android app was released.

2. Nancy Hebert
    September 3, 2013 at 10:01 am

it does not come up with .99 for the bundle.it still asks for 9.99 :(

3. rybolt
    September 3, 2013 at 10:24 am

same here. $9.99

• shreejisol
      September 3, 2013 at 10:31 am

I opened the app and it showed me this offer to buy. So I clicked on Buy. It showed me the price of $8.99. I cancelled out of it. Then I opened one of my photos in the app, navigated to the filter that I have not purchased yet. Clicked on buy/cart icon on top right corner. This time it gave me an option to buy everything for $0.99.

4. September 3, 2013 at 10:25 am

Great Deal! I purchased it right away. I was getting bored with all the instagram filters. Now I am looking forward to using some new filters with this purchase.

5. masonfam
    September 3, 2013 at 10:46 am

I tried to purchase this on the iPad, the sale price was listed but when I clicked it came up with “do you want to buy this for 9.99″ so I cancelled. What’s up?

Lucinda

6. Jamie
    September 3, 2013 at 10:47 am

Only version I see is a free version. I’m sure there’s a catch, how can I make sure I have the full version for .99? I don’t even see an option for a 9.99 version when I do a search on apple store.

• Jamie
      September 3, 2013 at 11:03 am

I figured it out. You have to download the free one, take a picture and select a filter and then you get prompted. First time it switched the price back to 9.99, the second time it left the .99 price.

7. September 3, 2013 at 10:59 am

Maybe I could get excited about this if you had an android version. The Samsung Galaxy S-4 is a much better phone anyway. (I’ve had both, so I can say that.)

8. Jamie
    September 3, 2013 at 11:05 am

Android version and PC version would be great.

9. Marc
    September 3, 2013 at 11:09 am

I already have Awesome in my wife’s iPhone5… wonderful app. But, I run Android. When will this app come for Android? It is, afterall, the most popular mobile OS in the world, even in silicon valley. Come on guys…

10. September 3, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Took a couple of tries before I could confirm the $0.99 price rather than the $9.99 rate, but finally got it. Thanks for the offer.

11. doloresdew@gmail.com
    September 3, 2013 at 4:13 pm

I took advantage of this offer on my iPhone – I also have this app on my iPad – do I have to purchase again?

Sent from my iPad

12. September 3, 2013 at 4:45 pm

This would be exciting news if Android was supported. Until then, forgive me for yawning.

13. September 3, 2013 at 4:58 pm

14 comments, 6 of them asking for android, perhaps you should look into that whole android thing for the roughly 40% of your clients.

14. September 4, 2013 at 12:06 pm

I’m so disappointed that it still doesn’t have share to Pintrest. Camera Awesome is all about pictures and Pintrest is a Picture social site, such a pity. It doesnt make sense!! That just makes me use it less then I normally would. Please put Share to Pintrest, this should be a must have!!! Thanks :)

15. Jimmy Shaddock
    September 4, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Wow!!! Thought I was getting this for $.99 but showed $9.99 on my iTunes transaction.

16. Jimmy
    September 4, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Thought I was getting this for $.99 but charged me $9.99. Terrible way to run a promotion. Not worth $9.99

17. SF
    September 4, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Yep, same issue here. Receipt from Apple came for $9.99 instead of the $0.99 promotional price.

18. Justin Chung
    September 4, 2013 at 1:24 pm

I saw this $0.99 sale in the app when I opened it yesterday, so I went ahead and followed the prompt to purchase the bundle.

However, when I looked at my iTunes invoice and credit card statement online later I saw that I was charged $9.99. Can someone help me with this?!

19. September 4, 2013 at 2:04 pm

I was also charged $9.99 on my receipt. … I sent a report to Apple. … The link is right under the item on your emailed receipt.

I do not know it this will work here. I will try to post the link I used.

Jack

20. Charles Williams
    September 5, 2013 at 7:59 am

Dear SmugMug,

I ordered the complete filter set for $.99 but was charged $9.99 by apple. How do I get a refund or cancel?

Charlie Williams

UNITED GLOBAL SUPPLY Sports Link Direct An IPSUMM Company 3 Abbey Lane, Unit 2 Middleboro, MA 02346

Phone: 508.923.6001 Fax: 508.947.7751 Mobile: 508.333.3123

E-Mail: ctw.ugs@me.com Website: http://www.UnitedGlobalSupply.com http://www.SportsLinkDirect.com

• September 5, 2013 at 10:12 am

Charles, Jimmy, Justin and everyone that was charged the full price: We’re so sorry about the glitch. We were in the process of fixing a bug but for that brief window it looks like the sale price wasn’t correctly applied to purchases made. You can certainly request a refund through the link in your Apple receipt, and please be sure to tell them that we fixed the bug. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience!

21. Roswell Bishop
    September 5, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Maybe. What do you think???

22. September 7, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Hi there, I had the Camera Awesome for about a year now so sense I saw this budge pack I said very cool. Well I downloaded it but I still was charged $9.99, what happened?

23. September 8, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Is this bug fixed?

24. TimR
    September 9, 2013 at 10:22 am

Tried everything they mentioned here. Still coming up as $9.99. Maybe get all the bugs worked out and try the promo again as this is not the way to run a promo. Heard about it today (9th) from RC’s tweet.

• September 9, 2013 at 11:40 am

Hi Tim, Chris and Brian, you should be able to request a refund from Apple if this didn’t work. The promotion is good through today. Sorry about any trouble!

25. September 9, 2013 at 10:39 am

Same here.. doesn’t work at .99

26. Chris
    September 9, 2013 at 10:50 am

Same here.
    The promo should still be active, yet there is no way to purchase it at 0,99…
    So what now?!

27. September 9, 2013 at 11:00 am

Just tried it as well and no luck at $0.99. I am really disappointed and really wanted the whole pack. I love this app, but maybe I need to just something else.

28. Neil G
    September 10, 2013 at 6:38 pm

(I tried to ask his question yesterday but the website wouldn’t accept it. Chrome browser on OS X.) I downloaded the 99-special offer on my iPad just fine. How do I get the effects on my iPhone, too. Yesterday it wanted another 99-cents. Today it’s all back to the pre-sale prices. Are they supposed to become automatically available on my other iOS device(s)?

29. Charlie
    November 11, 2013 at 3:16 pm

You’ve been promising camera awesome for android for 2 years now? What the heck is going on? Do it already. I will pay for it. It’s the best app for phones ever! Please finish it and let us download it.

1. September 4, 2013 at 8:02 am