New! Checkout with PayPal on Print Sales
At SmugMug, we love helping ambitious photographers grow their businesses and make their hobbies into a successful way of life. From our two pro-level accounts to the advanced pricing and marketing tools designed with your clients in mind, we try every day to help you hook more sales.
Today, you’ll find that PayPal is now a checkout option in your shopping cart, so you and your biggest fans can print more and click less.
PayPal as a second payment option
That’s right! One of the web’s most popular online payment options is now available by default in the SmugMug shopping cart. So you don’t need to get up, hunt for your wallet and pull out your credit card just to place an order.
And for pros: Your customers won’t have to hunt for their credit cards, either. Making money is that much easier.
How does it work?
Once you (or your customer) add prints and products to your shopping cart and begin the checkout process, you’ll see the option to pay via PayPal in addition to the traditional credit card method. Click the new yellow button and we’ll send you over to PayPal to log in and confirm your purchase.
Finally, PayPal will send you back to your SmugMug shopping cart so you can select a shipping method and complete the sale.
Is PayPal available on my account type?
The new PayPal button will appear in the SmugMug shopping cart across all SmugMug accounts from Basic to Business, and for all fans and clients who buy prints from your site. No action needed on your part. Period.
I’m a Pro who offers Coupons. Can my clients use them when they pay with PayPal?
Yes! If you’ve created Coupons on your SmugMug site then your clients can enter it during checkout as usual. The PayPal total will reflect their discount.
Does this mean I can pay for my SmugMug subscription with PayPal, too?
Sorry, it doesn’t. But we love this idea! If this is something you’d really like to see – or if you have any other ideas or feedback – let us know in the comments below. Or simply write an email to our Support Heroes and we’ll tally your responses for our Product Development team.
Links you’ll love:
- How to buy prints from your SmugMug gallery
- How to price, sell and make money on every sale at SmugMug
- Where’s my money? How to get paid on SmugMug
- Cropping and how to ensure your hands, feet and heads stay intact
- SmugMug’s four print labs
- 8 Smug tools that make you more money
- Coupons: Helping SmugMug pros close the deal
- Which features are available on each account?
We bring you beautiful, personalized online galleries for yourself, your family, or your business. See how it works and stay in touch with us!
Links We Love
- @photonevison Kieron, what an awesome-looking site! Thanks for sharing and for being a part of the SmugMug family. 3 hours ago
- Getting ready for a holiday feast? Make sure you know the basics of how to take photos as tasty as the food: smu.gs/1lXAFmx 3 hours ago
- Countdown to the Holidays! Here are the 2014 Holiday Order Deadlines: smu.gs/1vODbkX 5 hours ago
- For 5 days only, SmugMug's giving you 40% off a beautiful, new SmugMug account! smu.gs/1qKvOcV 2 days ago
- @cosleia Oh Heather, we know that change can take some time to get used to. Your patience has paid off! Thank you for giving it a shot! 2 days ago