Release Notes: Bulk Collect Photos, New Google+ Badge, Social Share Buttons and Dynamic Page links
Wondering what’s we’ve been cooking up lately at SmugMug? We’ve been hard at work gathering all the feedback you’re sharing with us and putting it to good use.
Here’s a few of our most noticeable recent updates that we hope you’ll love.
Collect Photos in Bulk
We’ve heard quite a few comments from our fans about needing to Collect lots of photos from a gallery at once. So now you can:
Open the first photo you want to Collect in the gallery, click the little share glyph and choose Collect. We’ll then display a picker of all the photos in that gallery, so you can choose as many as you wish and be on your way. Read up on how Collect Photo works.
New Google+ Profile Content Block
We whipped up a new customizable Content Block called Google+ Profile Badge, so you can easily display your name, your follower count and an easy way for fans to follow you on Google+. You can change the badge from portrait to landscape, dark or light and much more to suit whatever theme you choose for your site.
Additionally, you can use the new badge to display Google+ pages and communities, not just for your personal site.
Find it under Customize > Social options.
Social Share Welcomes Google+
We’ve added Google Plus to your Social Share buttons, so now your viewers can +1 your galleries, pages or your website in addition to Facebook Likes and Twitter Tweets. If you’ve not yet used this content block on your site, we highly recommend trying it out to make it easier for your fans to make you famous.
Find it under Social > Share Buttons when you customize your site.
Better Browsing on Your Special Pages
We fixed a bug and brought back the “From” link on your dynamic pages: your /popular, /keyword and /date pages that pull in photos from around your site. This means that anyone (including you) browsing those special pages can be wowed by a photo and click to see more in the original gallery.
Tip: Didn’t know that you even had dynamic galleries? Here’s a tutorial we shared on how to make those special pages totally yours.
That’s all for now. Enjoy these additions and keep the feedback coming in, as always!
We bring you beautiful, personalized online galleries for yourself, your family, or your business. See how it works and stay in touch with us!
Links We Love
- How to BUY Prints and Downloads - SmugMug Tutorial: youtu.be/N9ee9Zspt7g via @YouTube 15 hours ago
- Enter the "End of the Earth" photo contest for a chance to win a year of SmugMug: viewbug.com/contests/End-o… via @viewbug @chrisburkard 18 hours ago
- Essential Night Landscape Photography Tips from Chris Burkard smu.gs/1sTaYUP #photography @chrisburkard http://t.co/bS2sYqbhQy 1 day ago
- One Photographer's Personal Portrait Of Robin Williams fstoppers.com/originals/one-… #Fstoppers via @mbonocore 2 days ago
- Your Own Photo Home in 4 Easy Steps: school.smugmug.com/SmugMug-Tips/S… 5 days ago