Release Notes: Tweak Gallery Styles, Click and Drag Bulk Collecting, Upping the Keyword Limit and more
New: Customize Your Gallery Style!
This was a big request by a lot of folks, including many of our very own in-house photographers. Previously you couldn’t edit the way your photos appeared in galleries like you could with other Content Blocks, but now you can.
Hit the Customize Site button in any gallery, then click the wrench icon. You’ll see a brand-new window that lets you customize each gallery styles’ image size, thumbnail spacing, etc. Changes you make to each gallery style will stick so that your galleries look consistent all across your site.
We love it especially for making thumbnails larger in the two collage styles. Now you can show your fans lots of great, big photos all at once. For example, compare the default Small thumbnail size:
… with the XLarge size here. Pow!
Play around, show off and as always – share the great sites you’re making!
Click and Drag for Bulk Collect
We’ve recently brought you the ability to Collect photos in bulk, and now we’ve added an easier way to do it: Simply open your site-wide Organizer, select the photos you want and drag them into a gallery or folder on the left. You’ll see the option to either Move or Collect.
Log In and Comment with Google Plus
We’ve long allowed non-SmugMuggers to log in and comment on photos via Facebook, but we know that not everyone’s on a single network. Now you can log in and leave comments via Google Plus, too. SmugMug, Facebook or Google Plus: a total of three ways you can tell someone how much you love their photos.
Boost for Keywords Pages
We’ve bumped the keyword limit to 10,000 (that’s right) on your Keyword page. This is for all of you tag fanatics who’ve contacted us and told us how you use keywords to index and navigate to the content on your site. Take a look at a great example here:
Note that this doesn’t change the 250 keyword limit within the Keywords Content Block, but you can always add a link to your special /Keywords page from anywhere on your site. And remember, you can get to your keywords page (or any of your special pages) by simply adding “/keyword” to the end of your SmugMug URL.
Buy Button on All Screen Sizes
Because SmugMug looks so gorgeous on every screen on Earth, you’ll now see the Buy button appear on your site on all screen sizes big and small. You (or your clients) can find it in the Lightbox, and in your gallery under each photo when using Journal viewing style.
The Account Settings Exit Strategy
We made a small improvement to your Account Settings that now allows you to easily exit once you’re done doing… well, everything you need to do with your account. We’ve heard that it was tough to close your Account Settings and get back to your galleries, so now the “Done” button will take you back to your homepage, like you’d expect.
Several smaller, but notable updates:
- We recently started sending you emails when your locked galleries receive multiple failed attempts.
- You can now apply a Pricelist to empty galleries. Useful for getting your details together before you complete the shoot.
- You can now click on multiple tiles in your Organizer to select them in sequence without having to stretch for that Shift, Alt or Command key.
- You can now set your Single Photo content block’s custom URL to open in a new browser. Great for when you’re building pages with content that links out to external sites.
That’s all for this month. See you next time and, as always, we love your feedback so please keep it coming.
What is SmugMug?
A beautiful and safe place for all your photos. We offer stunning photo websites for you, your family or your business. See how it works and stay in touch online!
- Stunning aerial tour of Palawan in the Philippines: youtu.be/PU5QCoYbw-A #travelstoke #drone #travelenvy via @MatadorNetwork 1 day ago
- The SmugMug family is kicking it in Oregon for a week of work-play. Dang, this place is beautiful.… instagram.com/p/rADii0l-ih/ 2 days ago
- Photographer @jaredplatt explains how to use @SmugMug & @Lightroom together to make photo magic: bit.ly/1tUZC3Z (via @Animoto) 2 days ago
- @BabetteKD Sorry, not at this time! 2 days ago
- @andrew_rock Hi Andrew, we're happy to take look to make sure it went through okay. Can you email help[at]smugmug[dot]com? 2 days ago