Release Notes: Customize the Buy Button, Stronger Search Box, and more
We’ve just introduced a few more really great improvements we think you’ll love. More control over your gallery’s Buy buttons, the ability to easily archive and browse your mobile memories, and a super sweet search update for event shooters.
1) Customize Your Buy Button
One of your favorite topics of feedback is about the button that your fans click to make a purchase. To help draw more eyeballs to it, we changed the button text to read “Buy Photos” instead of just “Buy.”
Additionally, you can tweak the skin, style, and size of the button.
To do this, go to any gallery on your site, click Customize > Customize Site, click the Gallery Styles settings, then look for the Buy Button options. You can specify your button’s settings in the Thumbnail, Collage Landscape, and Collage Portrait styles.
2) Easy Mobile Uploads
We recently made it easier to upload your mobile photos to your SmugMug galleries, but we took this one step further by cleaning up the uploader when you’re on your phone. Now you’ll see an easy-to-spot upload button when you’re logged in to your account. Tap that and we’ll let you select as many photos as you wish from your image library.
3) Get Map Happy
We’ve upped the number of available pins on your map from 200 to 1000. Get snapping! You can read more about SmugMug maps and they work right here.
4) Stronger Search Options
We’ve added more functionality to your Search content block so that you can choose to direct your fans’ searches to your keywords page, not your search page. This helps them stay focused on what they were looking for. You can also optionally inject your own search term to be added to anything your fans enter in the box, like the race name.
For example: If you force “tough mudder” as a search term, their search for a bib number “100″ will search for “100 + tough mudder,” and not pull up other photos around your site with just the keyword “100.”
Take a look at these recent additions by opening up your Search content block settings and viewing the Basic and Advanced tabs. And as always, here’s how search works on SmugMug, and you can get more detailed help about keywords from our help pages.
We bring you beautiful, personalized online galleries for yourself, your family, or your business. See how it works and stay in touch with us!
Links We Love
- @KD0STS Our Ops team got right on it, and things are back up and working: status.smugmug.com Thanks for your patience! 1 day ago
- @AmarisPhoto Our Ops team got right on it, and things should be running smoothly: status.smugmug.com Thanks for your patience! 1 day ago
- @JeremyWrites You're off to a fantastic start with your website. Might be of interest: school.smugmug.com/SmugMug-Tips/W… 1 day ago
- @JeremyWrites @StreetTheatreCo Wonderful photos! 1 day ago
- @ADWheelerPhoto Our Ops team got right on it, and things should be running smoothly: status.smugmug.com Thanks for your patience! 1 day ago