This beautiful new feature lets your fans have a more interactive experience with your site, allowing them to scroll forwards and backwards through your favorite photos. We loved this idea and are thrilled that so many of you reached out to us. It’s such a gorgeous and interactive way to showcase your favorite photos. Here’s how to use it.
Want to see it in action? Here are a few great examples to get you inspired:
- Scott Kelby, President and CEO of KelbyOne
- The Carousel featuring landscape photos (with additional customization tips)
- Wedding photos displayed on a pro portfolio site
Beautiful Scrolling on All Screens
The Carousel content block can be placed anywhere on the page you’re customizing, plus it’s powered by HTML5, so it looks beautiful on all modern browsers and mobile devices.
You can pull images from any gallery on your site, or hand-pick individual photos from anywhere. And like most other content blocks, you can tweak settings further to show/hide the navigation arrows, change the height of the box, and so on.
Bonus: You can optionally customize it more with CSS.
Find It Now on All SmugMug Sites
Every site using the New SmugMug can get started using the carousel today. Find it under the Content > Photo section of your customizer and drop it into any page or gallery on your site. (Basic users can drop it anywhere they wish on their homepage.)
Tip: Make sure the photos you upload and your Maximum Display Size are large enough to fill the selections you set in the Carousel block settings. If they aren’t, your images may vary in height within the display area.
We’ve seen carousel-style displays popular with fashion, sports, and commercial photographers, and we’d love to see how you’re using it for your photos. Post a link to your site in the comments below, or share it with us on Facebook or Twitter!
- How to use the new Carousel
- What browsers can you use with SmugMug?
- How to best prepare your photos for uploading to SmugMug
- Privacy and security settings for galleries and photos
- What’s new at SmugMug?
- What are Content Blocks and how are they used?
- How to customize your site at SmugMug
- Why migrate to the new SmugMug?
- Our official feedback forum