Spring has sprung, and we’re celebrating with a slew of new features and improvements released during the past few weeks.
Auto-Scroll and More Photo Options for Carousel
You wanted more options for the new Carousel content block, and we heard you! Now you can enable auto-scroll, looping, randomization, and keyboard navigation. Plus you can choose from additional photo sources: Popular and Recent Photos.
Customize Your Lightbox
Showcase your photos the way you want them to be seen with a customizable Lightbox. Show your background, hide or show the photo tools, enlarge or minimize your Buy button, and more. Go minimal or extra informative. The choice is now yours.
Learn how to tweak your Lightbox to display your photos the way you want.
Drag-and-Drop Customization Got Even Better
New drop zones in the Customizer are now larger and highlight where you can drop new content blocks on a page, making it easier to see exactly where you can place your content.
Privately Share Photos
Now you can share your photos with only the people you choose. With our new Private Sharing feature, you can send unique invitation links to friends, family, and clients to give them special access to photos meant for their eyes only.
Here’s a list of all the other fixes we’ve released:
- Stats: Logged-in owner views are no longer counted.
- Menu: Child menu items set to open in a new tab now do as they’re told: open in a new tab.
- Profile/Cover Photo: Deleting your profile or cover photo no longer breaks your profile content block on the page.
- Mobile: Images viewed in the Lightbox on mobile web now look even better.
- Vimeo: Private Vimeo videos no longer display where they shouldn’t.
- Email: Emails sent using the “Contact Link” on your website now clearly indicate they’re from your visitors and not from SmugMug.
Stay tuned as always for more great features and improvements coming through this space!
- What’s new at SmugMug?
- How to Use the Carousel Content Block
- How to Customize Your Lightbox
- The Answers to All Your Private-Sharing Questions
- 5 Common Privacy Scenarios and How to Set Them Up
- New Private Sharing: Share with Only the People You Choose
- Private Sharing: Feature Demo and Q&A Webinar
- SmugMug’s video tutorials on YouTube tutorial channel