They say it’s a big world, but it’s not always true: Photographers (and anyone, really) on the internet are coming to know that search engines and social media are two extremely important ways to bring the world – and new clients – right to your doorstep.
Please join us for our upcoming podcast and webinar that will help you be a better, more reachable photographer on the web.
Plus, read to the end to see how you can use social media to win $50 of SmugMug subscription credit!
Social Media Basics with Aaron Hockley
We’ve recently recorded a podcast all about social media. In it, we define what social media is, discuss how social networking can help your photography business by meeting your mentors to finding new clients. From getting started to becoming a pro with social media– we cover everything!
Aaron Hockley is a professional photographer with a strong tech background, and founding organizer of a conference for WordPress bloggers. He knows the detailed ins and outs of social media for photographers, and we sat down with him to hear his thoughts on common social media questions.
We ask the following:
- How can social media help a photographer?
- What do you think the first steps are in jumping into using social media for a photography business?
- Can you rank some of the social media platforms you use in order and how often you use them?
- How do you integrate social media into your work day?
- To share or not to share?
- What mistakes have you made along the way with social media?
- How do you measure success?
- How do you stay current on social media changes, news, research and methodologies?
Download the podcast and listen on iTunes!
Essential SEO for Photographers with Jason Grubb
What is SEO? Why is it essential for photographers? View this free webinar to learn the bare essentials for becoming findable by your clients on search engines like Google. This webinar will cover the basics of SEO and what you need to know to get started.
Jason Grubb is a Denver-based wedding photographer who developed a niche SEO consulting firm serving photographers around the world. We’ll talk for an hour about SEO and why it’s important, and answer your questions, too.
April 25, 2013 at 8:00 PM ET
Duration: 1.5 hours
Register now at GoToMeeting
During this webinar you’ll learn:
- What search engine optimization is and why it’s important
- How search engine ranking works
- The bare essentials to implement on your website/blog for solid SEO
- How to develop strategic content on your site for SEO
- Simple off-page SEO, what it means, and how to do it
Jason will be giving two lucky photographers 25% off an Advanced SEO for Blogs Package from his site, Be Findable. All you have to do to enter is to join the webinar! We’ll announce and contact the winners on April 26, 2013.
And a SmugMug Giveaway! Share What You Learned and Win
Tweet @SmugMug during the webinar and tell us about one cool thing that you learned. We’ll randomly pick one person to win a $50 credit towards a SmugMug subscription (new and existing SmugMuggers are welcome). Winners announced April 26, 2013 on Twitter.
Are you ready to close the gap? We’ll see you online!